Civillustrator

"And he said that if the public had a good reaction to my design, he migth just hire me in the future!" Rambled Marinette.

"Calm down, Marinette! Ur mouth's going to fall off, you need it to answer Miss Mendeleiev's questions in class later," I joked.

"Girl, this is a golden opportunity! I'm so pround of you!" Cried Alya.

"Thanks!" Beamed Marinette.

"I better put those designing thoughts to the back of your mind, cause we're about to enter he devil's cage," said Alya.

The devil's cage is what we call Miss Mendeleiev's science class, she's ruthless with bad student behaviour and homework.

We took our seats. Unfortunately, the seats were arranged in a two by two placement, so we would take turns sitting together in classes that are held in different classrooms. Sound like we're nine, doesn't it?

This time, sitting on my left in the second row is Alya. Poor Marinette had to sit in the back row. A lot of my friends like sitting in the back row, so they would actually disagree with me, cause unlike them, I prefer the second row. I'm easily distracted so sitting in the front row would benefit me, but it's harder to hide the fact that you didn't do your homework.

And it's a close enough distance to strike up a conversation with the teacher and make a good impression, especially of the teacher is friendly, like Miss Bustier. Sadly, I can't say the same for Miss Mendeleiev.

Today's class is a boring one about 'la cience de la vie', seasoned with a monotone voice, served by a teacher named Miss Mendeleiev in a bad mood.

I was copying notes when Miss Mendeleiev slammed her hand on to the desk Marinette was sitting at with her desk mate. Poor Marinette counter: 2. I pity her desk mate too, he's the one getting scolded.

"Nathaniel, what are you drawing?" Demanded our enraged teacher.

"W-what-?" Stuttered the embarrassed and terrified tomato. A nickname the fandom has given him, from what I've heard.

"And these artistic endeavours are clearly why you are failing science!"

"Uh, I-I'm sorry?"

"You go march yourself down to the principal's office and show him this chicken scratch, then you'll really be sorry!"

Nathaniel quickly shoved his sketchbook and tablet in his book bag as Miss Mendeleiev glared at him.

I had made sure that the 'walkway' in between our desks so that Nathaniel won't trip and get his crush on Marinette revealed.

But all my efforts went to waste, because as soon as tomato boy walked past Chloe, she decided to swipe the poor boy's bag and put his drawings on display. And when I say 'on display' I mean opening the book by throwing it to the middle of the classroom for everyone to see. Poor guy.

From my drawing experience, Nathaniel's sketch was really good. Though he didn't get Marinette's signature pigtails right, but she looked fabulous with her hair down too, it's just a little longer than her actually hair.

"Look, Sabrina. It's him, as a superhero, and look who he's saving, it's Yin. He's so totally crushing on you, Yin."

Wait, what?

Outraged, Nathaniel snapped at Chloe. "Give me that!"

"That's enough Nathaniel, go!" And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the example of teachers not caring about bullying problems, and choosing to fuss about a hooded jacket instead.

That aside, this is bad. I need to find a way to stop Nathaniel getting akumatised...

That's it!

I quickly took out my phone and ducked down my head.