Designing An Album

"Uh, let me get this straight. You want me to design the album cover for Jagged Stone?"

I wasn't actually shocked because I'm honored, more because I just realized how much I've wrecked the storyline. But, I've finally decided that I was going to live life to the fullest here. God didn't give me another chance at life just so I could stick to a fixed future, right?

"Yes. So, are you up for the job?" Asked Bob Roth.

"Um...I don't know. I'm not really talented. The glasses I made for him were actually pretty easy to do."

"Jagged Stone chose you to do this, you'll get it done. Now here's a visuals of the look we're going for." He handed me a cover of XY's album. Yeah, right, I thought. You just want to manipulate me into creating what you want since Jagged will have to go with it because I represent the target audience.

But I went along with it. "Isn't this the new look that's been selling these days?" I asked, gagging internally. I may not like Jagged Stone's music too much, but I have taste.

"Yes, exactly! Now, just follow this style and you are sure to succeed!"

It's harder to hold my eyeroll around this guy then it is to around Chloe. "Okay. Wait, can I ask one of my friends for help? She's an amazing artist!" I refrained from telling Bob Roth that she's a fan of Jagged Stone. He might be worried that Marinette will design something Jagged Stone really wants.

"We're in a hurry, so some help might do good. We'll need the proposal at the end o the day. See you later!"

I shut the door as soon as Bob Roth walked out. 

I turned on my phone and tapped into my contacts. "Hey, Marinette? I've got something to ask of you."

********

"This is so exciting!" Said Marinette as she walked into my living room. "I'm going to help design one of Jagged Stone's album covers! My all-time favorite singer!"

I rolled my eyes playfully at her excitement. "Calm down. Oh, did I mention we'll get to meet him afterwards?"

Marinette's jaw dropped to the floor and she went into another fangirling stage.

I snorted at her reaction. "Come on. We're not going to be able to meet him if we don't finish the album design when Mister Roth comes."

While I was cleaning out the lines of our sketch on my tablet, Marinette asked me a question.

"Hey, Yin?"

"Hmm?" I answered, not looking up from my drawing.

"What do you think of that new hero?"

I chocked on my saliva almost dropped my tablet. "W-*cough* why do you *cough* a-ask?"

Marinette frowned at me. "Are you alright?"

"Uh, *cough* yeah! Just chocked on *cough* saliva."

She gave me a concerned look. "Okay...So about my previous question."

"Um, what do I think about her...Well, she's a superhero so...She'll be able to help you? I mean, the more the merrier, right?"

Marinette sighed. "I don't know, Yin. I don't know if Chat Noir and I can trust her. I mean she literally appeared out of nowhere-!"

"So did you and Chat."

"We got our miraculous's at the same time. She got hers almost a year later!" Protested Marinette, flinging her arms around.

"You still appeared out of nowhere though."

Marinette let her arms collapse back down and sighed again.

"Marinette, I'm understand that you're wary of this new girl, but think of it from her perspective. She just got her miraculous and wants to be accepted and welcomed by the famous Ladybug and Chat Noir. But instead, she gets the cold shoulder from Ladybug."

"She could be a villain like Hawkmoth! Just in disguise," Marinette protested again.

"I think you can trust her. She defeated Reflekta and Pixelator when you and Chat were captured by the akuma, no?"

"Don't I know it," I heard her mutter. "Fine, I'll give her a chance and try to be friendly."

I smiled, but I'm not fully satisfied yet. "Let's get back to designing shall we?"

********

"Oh, yeah! This is it! You did it girls!" Said Jagged Stone. "I can almost smell the leather and sweat just radiating off this design!" He took a sniff.

"Actually, you are smelling it! We concocted a special scented sticker for your Album!" I said. I turned to Marinette. "It was my friends idea. I have no credit to it."

"I love it, I gotta have it! Tell me, girl, what's your name?"

"Uh, I-I'm M-M-M-Marinette!" Stuttered my friend.

 "Well, M-M-M-Marinette," said Jagged Stone. Like father like son. "I love your idea! It's authentic, it's original, it's so Jagged~" He stroked the album cover. Flashback to Marinette as Ladybug touching everything in Adrien's room. * Shivers*

"No, you can't! It's not what the public wants!" Protested Bob Roth angrily. Please, I thought. I can tell you what the public wants, and it's definitely not this.

Thankfully, Jagged Stone stood his ground. "Then I'm out of here. I'm sure another record company would be perfectly happy with a number two chart topper!"

Defeated, Bob Roth snatched the album design from Jagged Stone's hand and stomped off.

Penny escorted Marinette and I outside and into the elevator.

"Oh. My. GOD!" Yelled Marinette as soon as the doors of the elevator closed. "I can't believe Ijust helped to design Jagged Stone's album cover!"

Tikki flew out of her purse. "Congratulations! I'm so proud of both of you girls!"

"Thanks, Tikki!"

********

I AM SO DANG SORRY YOU GUYS HAD TO WAIT ALMOST A WEEK JUST FOR THIS BS CHAPTER THAT DOESN"T EVEN HAVE AN AKUMA, it's just that I have some stuff going on and couldn't bring myself to write this, should've been done last Sunday. 

I have made the decision to only publish three chapter a week. Most likely on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays or Sat n Sun. Once again, sorry😶 (sorry you had to read this stupid message of mine, bear with it pls.)

Also, if u liked the chap, pls vote :D Ur one small action helps alot <3

Word count: 1001