Chapter 24

A/N: yes, I updated early. I couldn't resist!😉💕

~

At noon the next day, the Queen of Arendelle willed herself to get out of bed, bathe, and get dressed. She stood in front of her vanity and looked at herself. She looked as she did the morning of her hangover. Elsa sighed softly and turned, shakily going to open her door. To her surprise, Anna fell back as the door opened, and jumped awake. "I'm up! I'm up!" The Princess said frantically and looked around. "Anna?!" Elsa dropped to her knees and placed her hands on her sisters shoulders. "You slept outside my door all night?!" She gapped, and was suddenly attacked with a tight hug from Anna. "You know I can't stand to leave you when you're in a mood.." Anna explained, smiling softly. Elsa gave a weak smile in return, before the two sisters stood up. "Your Majesty, you're awake! Thank goodness," a doctor came running up to the Queen. Elsa quickly turned and held onto Anna's hand tightly. "The prince is alive. He was very lucky- the arrow didn't go deep enough to damage anything beyond repair." He explained. "Still, it will take a while for him to recover.."

Elsa nodded as one of the weights lifted off her shoulders. "You may visit him now, if you wish." The doctor said before leaving. Anna turned to her sister and squeezed both her hands. "Go see him, Elsa. You need to. For both of you." She whispered, nodding encouragingly. Elsa took a shaky breath and nodded as well. "I will."

~

Elsa, alone, quietly turned the knob of his door and pushed it open. The room was dim, the only light coming from the fire place. On the bed laid a sleeping Hans with tousled hair and in nothing but his old pants. Elsa leaned her back against the door to close it, and folded her hands together in front of her chest. All she could do was look, for who knows how long. Even in sleep, he looked distressed.

"Hans..." She breathed as she walked over, and suddenly dropped to her knees beside the bed. "I'm so sorry.." Elsa found his hand laying beside him and took it. It was colder then she knew it should be. The Queen sniffed and held his hand with both of her small hands, and brought his to her lips, kissing it softly, lingering there. "This... This is all my fault-" Elsa squeezed her eyes shut and suddenly stood up, fleeing the room. Hans' hand laid limp off the edge of the bed.

"And I can't ever see you again."