Chapter 25

"Psst. Kristoff," Anna nudged her snoring fiancé. With no avail, the Princess huffed and hit him with her pillow. "Ow, what, hey!" He sat up and rubbed his eyes, looking confused. "Anna, it's three in the morning. You are never up this early. What's wrong?" Kristoff brought his love into his lap and wrapped his arms around her. "Elsa, of course.." Anna confessed and sighed. "She's been so depressed sense Hans had been wounded... probably as depressed as when she was locked in her room." The Princess rested her head on Kristoff's shoulder tiredly. "Do you think.. I mean.. what if-"

"Anna," Kristoff hushed her, shaking his head slightly. "I know what you're trying to say. And I think... well... I think she does. She's never been as she was around Hans with any of her other suitors." Kristoff said thoughtfully. "You're right.. Kristoff, I was thinking... should we... postpone this wedding..? I want Elsa to be happy when we get married, not forcing a smile on her face just for my sake.." Anna buried her face in the crook of his neck, holding on as if for dear life. "I agree.. yes, I think we should wait." Kristoff kissed the princess on top of her head as she fell asleep again, holding her the rest of the night.

~

"Wait what?!" Elsa boggled. "No no no no, you can't postpone your wedding-"

"Elsa," Anna put her fork down. The three had gathered for a Sunday breakfast, where Anna broke the news. "I want to. For both you and Hans. Please.. don't be mad?"

"I can't be mad at you, ever... but what about the guests sailing in? They'll have to stay longer then expected in our castle.." Elsa bit her lip and lost herself in planning before Anna interrupted again. "Eat, Elsa." She said and pointed to her sisters untouched food. Elsa blinked and looked up before looking back down. "I... had a midnight snack." The Queen said truthfully.

yeah, a midnight snack of sweet red wine.

Anna signed and poked around her scraps.

"How long is it to be postponed?" Elsa asked, averting the topic of her.

"A week at the most," Kristoff chimed in as he finished up his food.

The next few minutes were filled of wedding talk, or no talk at all. Thank God for that.

~

"Shit!" Rolf kicked over a bucket in an abandoned barn in the forest around Arendelle. The Prince flung out curse after curse, remembering each detail of the misfortune. "That bastard.." He mumbled. He didn't think his brother would actually develop feelings! Barely any of his brothers seemed to have that...

"The Queen was supposed to die! How dare he get in my way! He can't do a thing right..."

Rolf punched the wooden door, making his knuckles bleed. "I'll get you, you runt.."

~

Hans lay half awake and half asleep on his bed, unable to move. It really hurt.

But I would have died for her...

He sighed minutely and tried to shift without hurting himself too much.

Three to four weeks, the doctor said. Can I really stay in bed that long? Hopefully i won't be forced to..

Hans bit his lip and turned his head to look out the window. It was a cloudy, probably cold afternoon. He felt bad that it reminded him of Elsa.

Did she ever... come to see me..?

He asked himself, but only earned a pain in his heart.

She probably thinks what we did was a mistake...

He sighed again and tried to will himself back to sleep. Little did he know, Elsa was leaning against the door on the other side of it. She had her arms wrapped tightly around her, her head tilted back against the door.

"You are not alone... I promise. Even now, when I can't be with you... you aren't alone."

The Queen whispered, more to herself then the Prince, whom she didn't know was awake.

But, as he slipped back into sleep, the last thing he heard was Elsa's whisper.