Chapter 14

One month, two months. Anna's wedding was just a few weeks away, and everyone was scurrying around to finish last minuet details.

"Princess Anna! We need you to decide on seating arrangements!"

"Your Highness, we need your decision on colors!"

"Anna, dear, where is your sister?!"

Anna ran through the halls, nearly avoiding all the servants asking questions about the wedding or the whereabouts of her sister.

I'm looking for Elsa, too, guys!

Anna responded in her head, throwing on a coat and pushing open a door, racing out to the docks. She knew she couldn't be with Kristoff, for he was finishing some ice business in the mountains...she wasn't in her study...or her room...Anna huffed and skittered past the shops close to the fjord.

How hard is it to find your Snow Queen Sister?!

Anna brushed past the men working to unload crates from the few ships that had just docked, when she suddenly spotted her sister standing a little way back from one of Arendelle's own ships. "Elsa!" Anna called, and she turned to spot her sister, smiling and waving her over. "Elsa! What are you doing out here?"

"I could ask you the same question! Shouldn't you be with Kai, planning your wedding ball?" Elsa raised and eyebrow, giggling.

"I came to find you! Some of the maids were asking, along with Rolf. And speaking of weddings.." Anna nudged her sister with a grin. Elsa giggled again, nervously, this time, and shook her head. "I just don't know about him. He's...nice, but..." Elsa bit her lip. Something just seemed off about that man. Anna opened her mouth to respond, but a voice had called to the two sisters. "Princess Anna! Queen Elsa!"

Hans?!

Anna looked up at the ship, and standing there was Hans. Well, she assumed. Anna barely recognized him! Elsa looked up as well, and her face became pure red as she placed a hand over her heart in surprise. He was shirtless! It was November! Elsa's knees almost went weak. He was defiantly more well build and slightly taller from when Anna last saw him. Hans brushed hair away from his eyes and hopped down to deck and made his way to the royal sisters. Elsa cleared her throat an removed her hand from her chest, resting them in front of her. "Hans..!" Elsa laughed nervously and Anna eyed her sister. "I-I see your training has done you well.." She boldly admitted under her breath, and Hans rubbed the back of his neck with a shy smile. "Pardon me for...er..." He looked down, implying his 'lack of shirt'.

Anna tried not to snicker.

Elsa tried not to swoon.

In honestly, the Queen was slightly frustrated with herself for become so out of control of these new feelings. It was so strange!

After a moment, Elsa spoke up again. "Is there something you needed..?" She asked, more regally now. "Oh! Ah..yes-" Hans started, but another male voice called for the Queen. "My queen! Oh, thank goodness I found you." Rolf trotted up to Elsa, stopping in front of the three and smoothing down his dark blue coat. Elsa spun around and offered a small smile. "Prince Rolf! What ever is it that you need?" She asked gently. Before he answered her, he of course sent a snide comment Hans' away. "Little brother, don't you believe it's a tad cold to be out looking like that..?" He chuckled. Hans rubbed the back of his neck before responding, which Rolf didn't expect his brother to do.

"True, but when men actually work out, it gets a little stuffy. Of course, you wouldn't know this."

Anna and Elsa covered their mouths in order to fight off snickers. Did Hans really just say that?! Rolf balked at his brother before growling and shrugging it off, turning back to Elsa. She cleared her throat and met his gaze regally. "Your Majesty, I request we speak privately.." Rolf shot a glare at Hans. Anna bit her tongue. "...I suppose we can." Elsa agreed, and when Rolf offered her his arm, she hesitantly took it.

Anna smiled despite herself as Hans walked away without another word.

~

Elsa sat herself down on the chase lounge in the library, Rolf between her and the fire. "My dear," Rolf started, and Elsa's attention went to his face, snapping out of her daydream. "Our courtship has been going on for almost three months, correct?" He eyed her slowly, stopping in places she didn't like his eyes on.

I wouldn't call it a courtship per-say, but...

"Yes, it has. Was that your question? Because I really must-"

"No, my Queen, I still have one more question." Rolf walked over to Elsa, taking her hand. "Oh? What is it?" She asked, and Rolf chuckled. "I wanted to ask you..." He kneeled down and exposed a ring from his pocket.

"Queen Elsa, will you marry me?"