18. Apple

Y O U R   P E R S P E C T I V E

Namjoon and I didn't have much time to cuddle before the others came back home and he had to scurry off to his room and it was time for me to cook dinner for them.

'Mhm,' I muttered when I noticed the fairly empty fridge.

'What's up?' A cheerful voice asked behind me.

I turned around.

It was Hoseok. He grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl, took a bite and smiled at me.

'Oh, hi Oppa,' I said nodding at him politely. 'It's just, the fridge is almost empty,'

'Ah,' he said walking towards me and looking over my shoulder into the fridge.

Although I hadn't interacted much with Hoseok, the fact that he came up so close to me didn't startle me at all. After all, I had been through with Yoongi, Jimin, Namjoon, and Jungkook, I felt like nothing would surprise or unsettle me anymore.

'Well, I guess it's time we go do some groceries soon then,' Hoseok said smiling friendly at me.

'You do you own groceries?' I said in surprise.

'Yeah? What did you expect? That we'd have a magic fridge that would refill itself?' Hobi lauged at his own joke.

'No, it's just... I thought you would get it delivered or something,' I said thoughtfully.

Hobi shook his head.

'I mean, we could if we wanted to. And we do get our groceries delivered if we have to go on diets again, but mostly we get it ourselves. It's nice to get out of the house you know, a change of pace,' he said shrugging.

I nodded in understanding.

'I mean... Now that I think of it,' Hoseok said, pulling an overly thoughtful face. 'Since you've arrived here, have you been out of the house at all?'

'I've been on lunch with Jin,' I said.

'That's it?' Hobi asked pulling up his brows comically.

I nodded.

'Well that won't do at all now, will it?' He said poshly and he grabbed my hands into his. 'I'm free tomorrow morning, so we shall go together then,' he said smiling broadly.

Doing groceries surely was one of my least favourite tasks, but Hoseok's face was so bright and happy, I just couldn't say no.

'Alright then,' I agreed with him.

'Alright!' Hobi said punching the air triumphantly. 'It's a date!' he said and he winked at me before turning around and walking away.

'Wait what?' I called after him, but he didn't react.

-xxx-

I had been slightly nervous to see Namjoon again at dinner time, afraid things would be awkward.

Luckily it wasn't.

Namjoon acted as if nothing had happened and we didn't just spend the afternoon fucking each other's brains out.

I could really tell all of the boys started to feel more at ease around me.

They came closer and involved me in their conversations, asking questions and making jokes.

It felt as if we were one big happy family.

Except for Taehyung.

I wasn't sure what had happened but Taehyung barely looked at me, nor did he speak to me. Whenever I was asked a question or reacted to something, Taehyung would look away, or start a conversation with someone else.

The few times I did catch him looking at me, his face was quite blank.

I felt uneasy.

Was there something I had done wrong?

Had I been wrong in helping or hugging him after his fight with Jin?

But he was currently laughing and sitting next to Jin, their conflict completely resolved.

So what was it that I had done wrong for him to give me such a cold stare and the silent treatment?

----------

T A E H Y U N G   P E R S P E C T I V E

After dinner y/n had gone to clean the table and back to her room.

We had all gathered in Jimin's room at his request.

He sighed deeply and tragically.

'She knows,' he said dramatically.

'Knows what?' Namjoon asked.

Jimin sighed again.

'That we hired her because we like her,' Jimin said biting his bottom lip.

Everyone was silent for a minute.

'So?' Yoongi said, cracking open his can of coke and taking a sip.

'Aish, did you tell her?' Jin asked frustrated.

'Well...' Jimin started his answer, not daring to look at the eldest member.

'Who cares who told her,' Namjoon shrugged.

'What do you mean, who cares who told her?' Jin scolded Namjoon. It wasn't often anyone told Namjoon off, let alone Jin.

'How do you think she must feel?' Jin said exasperated, rubbing his face with his hands in frustration. 'She must feel awful. She must feel like we don't see her as human. She must hate us. Oh god, what have we done? We should...' Jin rambled, pacing back and forth.

'Actually, Hyung,' Jimin interrupted him, 'she took it quite well in the end,'

Jin stopped pacing and looked at Jimin incredulously.

Everyone was on the edge of their seats.

'She's decided to stay, and I think she's decided that she doesn't care and that she can live with it,' Jimin said, a suspicious smile on his face.

I scoffed, and everyone instantly looked at me.

'Sure she has. Have you been sleeping well lately?' I asked Jimin knocking on my head as a way to mock him.

'No seriously, she's okay,' Jimin said, his eyes wide and truthful.

Silence fell again.

I chewed the inside of my cheek, annoyed.

Jungkook finally was the one to speak up.

'So...,' he started, and everyone looked up at him, 'Does that mean we have a chance?' he asked hopefully.

I instantly slapped him on the back of his head.

'Aisch, now that there's a girl in the house you suddenly can't think or talk about anything else,' I said annoyed. 'You all can't think about anything else,' I spat at the other members.

Jin rolled his eyes at me.

'Oh come on Tae, you too were fawning over her the moment she arrived. It's just now that Jungkook is interested that you're getting jealous,' he said exasperated.

'Bullshit. It's just that I've observed her and I noticed she isn't that interesting after all,' I lied.

All the other guys laughed at my lie, except for Jungkook.

They started talking amongst each other, about how beautiful they thought y/n was, and that it brought them joy to see her every day.

Even though deep down, I agreed with them, I would never admit it.

'Come Kookie,' I said grabbing Jungkook's hand and leaving the room with him.