20. Date

Y O U R   P E R S P E C T I V E

'Are you ready for our date?' Hobi asked me cheerfully.

'I'm ready to go get the groceries with you Oppa,' I laughed.

'Great! Let's go!' Hobi smiled and he grabbed my hand into his and guided me out of our apartment.

I had felt slightly nervous this morning. Although I didn't see it as a date really, the fact that Hoseok had called it that made me nervous. Since I wouldn't need to wear my uniform, I had spent ages in front of the mirror, trying to decide what to wear. Nothing had felt right, and in the end, I had just given up and put on some leggings and an oversize sweater. I had even tried out some of the beauty products Jimin had given me.

Hoseok didn't let go of my hand all the way to the store.

'So, do you have your list?' Hoseok asked me. I held up the list of things we needed that I had written down.

'Good! Let's just start at the far right and work our way through then' Hobi suggested. I nodded.

'So how are you finding your job?' He asked me casually.

'Very well, thank you,' I smiled politely.

'Are you not bored with it yet?' He joked.

'Certainly not!' I said startled. 'I mean, so far it might have mostly been cleaning and cooking, but...,' my voice trailed away. I thought of everything that had happened with Yoongi, Jimin, Namjoon, and Jungkook. 'Well, let's just say, it's never a boring day in our house,' I giggled, feeling myself blush.

'I'm glad to hear that. Oh, the onions,' Hobi said and he grabbed the product.

-xxx-

While shopping we chatted about all kinds of stuff.

Being with Hobi was like bathing in sunlight. He was just always so warm and kind and happy. His smile simply radiated warmth and happiness.

-xxx-

'Oppa?' I called to him as he was standing further down the aisle. I was staring at one of my favourite snacks that were standing in front of me when I had a question bubble up.

'Yes Gwiyomi?' he replied, instantly walking over. His term of endearment made me blush.

'I was wondering, how do you stay so happy and positive all the time? I read it when I was searching for you on the internet...I mean I- I heard you are always so happy. I feel like, compared to you, I'm such a grumpy person,' I said feeling awkward, both because I had given away that I had looked him up online and that I felt like I was such a sourpuss compared to him.

The smile on his face dropped slightly as he processed my question.

'I am not as happy as you think I am,' He said softly and unexpectedly. His voice sounded different from the usual. His eyes were more serious and the twinkle that usually danced in them had died down a little.

He went to stand behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, with his chin on top of my head. My heart pounded in my chest as he held me tightly in his hug and I stared at the candy in the aisle in front of me.

'I'm not always happy. I just always act happy,' I heard him say. His chest reverberated against my back as he spoke.

'Why?' I whispered, forgetting for a moment that we were at the store, even though it was mostly deserted.

I could feel Hoseok sigh deeply behind me.

'Because I want to be happy. And I want others to be happy too,' He said, as he took away one hand from around my waist and started stroking my hair with it.

'I want everybody to be happy because I know what it feels like to feel unhappy. And I don't want anyone to feel that way,' he said softly.

I could feel the sadness in his voice.

'Are you unhappy now?' I asked him.

'No,' He said instantly and truthfully and I could feel him kissing the top of my head. Butterflies fluttered through my stomach. 'Right now I am very happy because I get to spend time with you,'

I could only stare as he held me in his arms. Just like when the other guys had done it, it felt like home. Warm, comfortable, easy, and carefree. It all felt so natural with them, so normal. As if I had known them for years.

I had been in love before, but I had never known it was possible to be in love with multiple people at the same time.

But now I was in love with 4 guys at the same time. And I feared what would happen if I'd spend more time with the other three.

'Do you like this snack?' Hobi asked me as he stopped petting my head and grabbed the snack out of the aisle.

'It's my favourite actually,'  I said slightly embarrassed and unsure why.

'Really? It's one of my favourites too,' he said happily. I could feel him getting out of his serious mode and back into his usual self again.

I knew it wasn't like he was pretending. Pretending was different from this. I knew he would show his true emotions to me when he would want or needed to.

'Let's take a bag with us, shall we?' he decided, throwing the bag into the cart.

-xxx-

'Done!' I said as I shut the fridge door. I had just put the last of the groceries into the fridge.

'Don't forget our snack,' Hobi said winking and taking it from behind his back.

'Ah, right,' I said reaching for the bag in his hand but he pulled it out of my reach.

'Grab it if you can,' he laughed playfully.

I took a swing at it but missed. Hobi laughed and ran away.

I chased him through the house for a while as we laughed and joked with each other.

'I... I give up,' I panted, letting myself fall down on the couch in the living room.

Laughing he came to sit down next to me.

'Tired already?' he teased me.

'Not everyone does crazy workouts as you guys do,' I said still panting.

'Here,' Hobi said as he took a piece of candy out of the bag and offered it to me. I reached out for it with my hand but he pulled it back.

'No, not like that,' he said shaking his head. I pulled an eyebrow and let my hand drop.

'Open your mouth,' he demanded. His tone was different again.

 His tone was different again