Chapter 7, Esmeralda

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

The first thought that crosses my mind when I wake up is...

What the fuck is wrong with me ?

I really don't want to get out of bed, because getting out of bed will lead to me dealing with what state I was in last nigh.

So drunk that Mr Milo-I-Hate-Esmeralda-Chase had to carry me to my bedroom.

Oh, I hate myself.

Eventually, after a battle with my numerous personalities, I decide to put my big girl pants on and to handle my situation.

I pull my phone out and see that we did make the big titles in a lot of magazines.

"MODEL ESMERALDA HERNANDEZ AND ACTOR MILOCHASE CONFIRM THEY ARE DATING"

I roll my eyes the second I read all of the lies they feed the public, tossing my phone on my unmade bed.

To be completely honest, going back to modeling is not as self-consuming as it was when I was sixteen. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I was dealing with other horrible things at the same time.

Nausea makes my stomach churn at the reminder of everything I have been through. After two years of therapy and useless medical treatment, my psychologist established that I was finally starting to heal. Maybe I am, but there are times when I feel more broken than I've ever been before. Hopefully, my panic attacks stopped being as frequent as they once did, and it has been some time now that I've had nightmares.

After a few moments, I get ready for the day and remember that I have a meeting with my agent at 2 PM, and am suddenly very grateful for the Ibuprofen Milo gave me last night.

I send him a text saying just that and he replies with a simple "I told you so". I roll my eyes, holding back a smile.

I am in the middle of eating breakfast when I get a call from my best friend Cleo, I instantly feel guilty because I have only talked to her one time this week and that was before I became a supposedly taken woman.

As soon I answer, my ears are triggered by a loud and high-pitched "You bitch !"

"How could you not tell your best-friend ?! I can't believe I had to find out through Instagram !" She yells at me from across the line.

I think my ears might be bleeding.

I sigh.

"I'm so sorry, Cleo, I have been so busy figuring things out, and with me being back at modeling, I don't have time for anything."

She eventually calms down and lets out a shaky breath.

"It's fine. But, you're not really dating Milo, are you ?"

"No, I'm not. We've made an arrangement, we pretend we're a happy couple until everyone gets bored of us, then we go back to hating each-other deeply."

"Oh. So, um, how is it going ? He better be treating you well." She adds, menacingly.