Chapter 23, Milo

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

I have spent one month in the beautiful country that is France, I saw so many beautiful things and visited so many cities that are each more beautiful than the other, but the whole time I've been there, the only thing on my mind was the beautiful woman that I had to leave behind in LA. And I can't believe I'll see her today.

We haven't had much contact this past month, because I was very busy with work, and the filming of the movie, but the moments that I could spare for myself were to FaceTime call her. She was very busy as well, because of her new deal with a very known brand, she had to work 8 hours a day, which is exhausting, so the only times she wasn't sleeping, I was because of the time delay.

To sum it all up, we've spoken at most 3 times this month and I cannot wait to see her. My brother Ellis picked me up from the airport, and helped me dodge the multiple paparazzi waiting for me there, then we went straight to my appartement were Esmeralda would be waiting for us.

I don't know why I am anxious, but it's probably because I am standing in front of the door of my own house, waiting for her to open the door, right now.

What am I going to tell her ? What if she met someone and decided she doesn't want to be with—
No. I'll stop right there. This isn't the time to be thinking about such things. I won't initiate something, if she wants to kiss me she'll just do it, right ?

Ellis is standing behind me, with most of my luggage in hand, the rest is on the floor. Of course, I had to pack a damn lot of things because of the fittings I had to do.

My heart skips a beat when I hear footsteps coming towards the door, and I brace myself as the locks are opened, and—

Esmeralda's kissing me. I don't know how, but she just launched herself at me and it caught me so off guard that I didn't react for a moment. As soon as I realise that she's kissing me, I drop everything in my hands and put an arm around her waist, responding to her kiss passionately. I missed this so much.

When we pull back, I have to stop for a second to admire her. Her grey eyes are filled with joy, and there are even unshed tears there.

"Hi." I breathe.

She smiles at me, and fuck if the image doesn't melt my heart.

"Hi." She answers, equally breathless.

"I missed you so fucking much."

"Alright, love birds I want to enter the appartement because my hands are kinda full right now. Move." Ellis intervenes and I roll my eyes.

"Thanks for ruining the moment, asshole."

He gives us his best arrogant satisfied smirk, before entering the house. We kiss again, before finally entering the appartement as well, it could've turned into more, but we had to stop there because we had a guest. Cockblock.

An hour later, after Esmeralda helped me unpack most of my stuff, we are all seated in the living room, her and I in the sofa, and my brother in adjacted velvet lunge chair, trying to find something to watch on Netflix.

"Alright, what's your favorite show ?" He asks my girl who's snuggled against me.

"Probably Prison Break." She answers with a shrug, straightening and putting her hair up in a ponytail. I can't help but admire her perfect side-profile, her small nose and her full lips. Everything about this woman is perfect, and I still cannot believe that I get to call her mine everyday for the rest of my life. Yes, for the rest of my life, because I know that she's the love of my life, and that it's us against the whole fucking world, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ellis grins, before taking the remote from her hands. He's wearing a rare amused expression. I'm so used to the calm, cold, and indifferent person my brother is, that seeing him openly smiling to Esmeralda means that he trusts her enough to call her family. It fucking warms my heart.

"You're a keeper." He winks at her, before moving his gaze to me, and pointing at me, "You better keep her around or I'll kick your ass, bro."

I chuckle, l wrapping an arm around Esmeralda's shoulders, "Trust me, I'm not planning on letting her go anytime soon. She owns more of me than she may think."

That earns me a raised eyebrow from her, "Oh and what exactly do I own ?"

"All of me." I say solemnly before leaning in to capture her lips, not caring that we have an audience.

"You guys make me sick." I hear my older brother mutter, but I can feel the smile in his words. The kiss would've turned in a whole make-out session, if it wasn't for Esmeralda's phone to start ringing. She pulls back, not caring about my words of protest, and gets up from the couch, walking all the way to the table where her purse is. She quickly grabs her phone and answers the call, a smile still playing on her lips.

"Hello. Yes, it's me." Her brows furrow, and she blinks a few time, as if she's trying to understand what the person who called her is saying. Ellis finally turns his head from the TV, and wears the same confused and worried face when my girlfriend's smile fades, and her eyes immediately fill with tears. My heart misses it's next beat. Ellis and I abruptly stand up. "Yes. Okay, I'll be here, thank you." when the call ends, I take a step towards her, but she takes a step back. What ?

"What is it ?" My brother asks cautiously.

Esmeralda looks like she's still processing everything, and has to blink the tears in her eyes multiple times, before finally meeting our eyes.

"It's Cleo." She starts hoarsely, and I see Ellis' face contort in raw fear. I've never seen that look on his face, ever. "The hospital called, and they said something happened to her and she's very injured. They don't know if she'll make it." Her voice breaks at the last sentence, and I break the distance between us by holding her in my arms, one arm around her waist, and a hand in her hair, her face burrowing in my chest while she tries to pull herself together for the sake of her best-friend.

I glance over her brown haired head at Ellis.

My older brother loses his shit.

--------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Okay, woah.

Shit is going wild right now, and I already can tell you guys are going to go full Ellis on me if something happens to our baby Cleo. She hasn't been very present in this part of the story, but it's for a good reason and that will be for you guys to find out.

If you liked this chapter, please share, vote and comment.

Thank you for 50k!!

Until next chap babes !