Bonus Chapter #1, Milo

Hello ! Here is a little Christmas special bonus chapter for you guys ! Happy holidays :)

"Mommy ! Daddy !"

I smother a groan though a smile is tugging my lips upwards. It is Christmas morning, and even if Kiara was pretty excited about it yesterday, we thought she wouldn't wake up until at least 9 AM. It's fucking 7.

I hear our little monster open our bedroom door, and I immediately close my eyes at the light that's coming from outside.

I feel my wife stir against me, slowly waking up.

"Daddy ! I know you're awake." My daughter whisper-shouts, pulling the cover away from my face. I can't help but chuckle when I see her little body, dressed in a red Christmas onesie with a Santa's hat on her head. Both of her arms are. one her hips, and her eyebrows are furrowed like she's scolding me. She's the cutest human being I've ever seen and I can't resist her little face, so I open my arms for her, and she immediately jumps in them. I hug her tightly, making sure not to wake Esmeralda up.

"Good morning, baby."

"Good morning Dadda." She answers, her little arms hugging me back.

Kiara just turned five, and I still cannot believe that she is ours. She constantly keeps us on our toes, and is far from being the calmest kid, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love our family and how much Esmeralda and I have both grown since the beginning.

I turn around, so that she is placed between Esmeralda and I. "Wanna wake Mommy up ?"

My girl nods, with a big smile and proceeds to kiss her Mom all over her face, waking her up in laughter.

Esmeralda is obviously used to it, and wakes up pretty quickly, sitting up and pressing kisses to our daughter's cheeks too.

"Good morning Kiara." She tells her, a smile dancing on her lips.

"Mommy ! Today is Christmas Day, I want to see my gifts !"

Esmeralda puts her hand on Kiara's messy haired head, and proceeds to get it off her face, "You will, but not before you let us get ready, and you get ready too, okay ?"

I know she isn't happy about the answer, but doesn't protest and quickly gets out of the room. When the door closes behind her, I finally turn to my wife. Moments alone have been very rare lately, so I don't wait another second and pull her in my arms.

"Hi" She whispers, her head burrowed in my neck.

"Hi love." I kiss her on the lips, then lower my head to her round belly. "And hi to you too."

My wife laughs and puts a protective hand on her stomach. She is pregnant with our second child and I am more than excited to be a father once again. Our family is so full of love and happiness that I sometimes need to take breaks to process everything. Kiara was so happy to be a big sister, and is actually the one who kept bugging us and telling us that she wanted to have a baby brother or sister to play with.

We obviously delivered - pun intended, and we are now expecting a boy in less than two months.

"He has spent the whole night kicking, its a miracle he didn't pop out of me." She laughs, and I lower my head again. "You better be nice to your Mama, son. Be a gentleman like your father."

This sends Esmeralda in a run of chuckles, before we both sober up and decide to get ready to open Kiara's gifts.

The moment we go downstairs, our little monster is ready and waiting, impatiently sat under the Christmas tree.

Esmeralda goes to sit beside her, and I take my phone from my pocket when I heat it buzz. It's Ellis shooting me a quick text to tell me he's coming in a few minutes.

"Mama, Dadda ! It's time to open the gifts !" Kiara whines, obviously done with patiently waiting.

"Don't you want to wait for Uncle Ellis and Auntie Cleo to start opening the presents ?" I ask her, knowing it will catch her attention.

Her green eyes immediately light up at the mention of my brother and his girlfriend, and she nods obediently.

My wife, now standing rubs her stomach in circular motions, wincing a little bit. My eyebrows furrow in confusion and worry. I walk to her, and put a protective arm around her waist.

"Hey, are you okay ?" I ask her, worry coating my voice.

"Yeah, the baby's just really moody."

I kiss her forehead, "You should sit down, love."

She doesn't object as I lead her to the sofa, and she releases a relieved moan when her back connects with the softs pillows.

Kiara, who noticed what was going on is soon walking over to us, and hopping on the couch next to Esme.

"Is Mommy okay ?" She asks with a little voice that melts my heart.

"Yes, baby. Her and your little brother are fine, just a bit tired."

Our toddler only hugs her mother tightly and burrows her head in my wife's neck.

If I could stop time relive the same moment everyday, I think it would be this one. The love of my life, pregnant with our son and hugging our daughter. This truly is my home, and I have never felt safer and happier than here, with them.

The doorbell rings, pulling me out of this pretty fucking emotional moment, and Kiara instantly goes rushing to the door.

A few seconds later we hear, "Uncle Ellis ! Auntie Cleo !"

Esmeralda is smiling from ear to ear, and I think I'm wearing the exact same expression.

Yeah, that's what our life has been composed of lately. Happiness. And undying love.

So much fucking love.

--------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

ARGH i am in LOVE with these two and their daughter !!
thank you guys so much for reading, and i hope you liked this bonus chapter even though it's a bit short :/ I'll try to write as many of these as I can because I cannot let Milo and Esme go yet!!
Also I am doing my best to update book two, so stay tuned for that as well !

Love y'all<3