Chapter 11, Esmeralda

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

The worst fucking thing about relapse is seeing the disappointment on your family's faces. They all thought you were getting better, then one damn thing triggered you. And you were back four years ago, the first time it happened. The first time he started digging a grave with my name on it.

I did not try to kill myself.

I just took too many anxiety pills, in a short amount of time and overdosed.

I told my family that I mixed up my meds again.

Cleo is the one who found me, on my the floor of my bedroom.

I was barely conscious, and nobody was home, so she had to call 911.

In my state of mid-conciousness, I could only feel warm hands trying to wake me up. I wanted to open my eyes, I really did, but I was too weak and tired to try.

I'm so tired and weak.

I don't know how I ended up in a hospital bed, or who brought me here, but I hate it.

I can hear voices, people talking, whispering, I can't recognize who they belong to.

I feel like I'm drowning, like someone took away my breather, I hear a loud "beep" sound, then the voices again, and people screaming. I think it's my Mom.

I can't fight the darkness as it swallows me whole.

There are hands on my face.

I try to open my eyes, but instantly close them as the bright light blinds me.

I try again, and blink multiple times, letting my eyes get used to the brightness of the room.

"Hey, baby." I hear a grave familiar voice whisper.

I blink again, and when I can finally see clearly, I find beautiful green eyes looking down at me.

Milo.

"Hi." I say, no more than a murmur.

I turn my head, we are the only ones in the room.

"What- What happened ?" I ask.

His face contorts in both worry and relief that I am awake.

"You mixed up your meds and overdosed." He answers.

When I was half awake, and my mother was screaming, trying to figure out what happened to me, I managed to say "mixed up meds", then passed out again.

"Oh." I say.

I close my eyes again, and I feel his warm hands leave my face. He probably went to call a nurse, because the second I reopen them, a woman in scrubs comes to run tests on me.