Chapter 9, Milo

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

Why is it so hot in here ?

I open my eyes and the first thought that crosses my mind is why the fuck do I have a boner first thing in the morning, then the realization of where I am, and who I am with strikes me so hard I almost gasp.

Esmeralda Hernandez, my nemesis in every possible way is snuggled in the sheets against my chest, one leg around mine, and I have my arms around her waist, closely holding her to me.

I want to say "what the fuck", because how in the hell have we ended up tangled up together, but I feel like it has become my favorite sentence when I am in her presence.

I look over at her, and she is still asleep, her head resting against my shoulder-blades. I know I should move her, or get up, but this moment feels so intimate and reminds me so much of the good old days, that I find myself relaxing into her embrace. She looks so peaceful and- is that drool on my chest ?

Oh, God.

Boner is supposed to be gone, but it's not, and I do not want to know what that means.

As if my thoughts summon her, she shifts against me and accidentally stirs against a very sensitive place in my body. I groan.

Esmeralda opens her eyes, and they immediately widen when she realizes what position we are in.

She tries to move and stirs that area again, this time, I grit my teeth, trying to make a very inappropriate sound.

"Do that again, and I don't think we'll be leaving this suite for a long while, Esmeralda."

She becomes so red, I think she might implode, then I finally let her move out from my arms, trying not to frown when my arms feel cold and empty.

"I am so sorry, I must have rolled in my sleep- I don't usually move but-" She starts mumbling, then sits up, scratching the sleep out of her eyes.

"You're fine." I simply say, sitting up as well.

I wait for her to go to the bathing room, because there is no way I am getting up for her to witness what she does to me even when she's asleep.

"You should get ready, or we'll miss breakfast." I inform her.

We are supposed to be meeting with the cast in an hour, and I am honestly curious of what she will think of my friends and the people that I will get to spend a lot of time working with.

She narrows her eyes, then slowly get up from the bed, goes to the closet and silently picks up some clothes.

I can't help but let my eyes linger on her perfect curves.

I feel like a fucking teenager again.

Keep it in your pants, dude.

When she closes the door behind her, I sigh.