Chapter 1: Descension

A waking moon brought forth a tranquil breeze, the night sky glimmering with stars as an indistinct hum echoed through the starlit darkness.

The sound of the distant hum seemed to echo through the sky itself as if blessing all under its presence.

It was a strange scene.

A glorious, luxurious condo upon a beautiful view overlooking the ascending mountains, strange energies coursing through the very air as a man casually played with a fancy cup of wine in his hand, his golden eyes fixated on the crimson liquid within, rocking the fancy cup with an almost frosty grip.

No, perhaps it was simply the cold.

It pervaded all throughout the house, a chilling mist that bore forth a frosty reprise of what was his life, his existence.

The man, now 31-years old, had always prided himself on being a free spirit.

Or, at the very least, he'd used to pride himself upon it.

The house was quite luxurious, a seaside condo of flawless white marble decorated by expensive furniture from all around the world. Yet, despite the beautiful atmosphere, the man paid it no attention, sparing not even a glance at his surroundings. He'd seen it far too often now, after all. It was nothing but another room now.

A soft sigh left his lips as he casually waved the cup of wine in his hands, pondering the idea of taking a drink to soothe his melancholy. Of course, it wouldn't help, and he knew that.

So, he took a sip anyway.

"Mhm...still hate this thing." The man savored the drink, an exquisite taste he had once cherished, but now, like all others, fell to the wayside in his melancholy.

The man's name was (Y/N).

Simple, yet infinitely complex. Unworthy of attention, yet demanding of thought.

It was simply his name.

But his name bore no specialty...it did not behold absolute glory and splendor, it did not command fear and respect, it did not inspire awe or reverence.

It was merely...a name.

(Y/N) had often heard stories of such glory, of such splendor within the latest craze throughout the city. After all, it was hard not to.

The man glanced casually at the advanced quantum watch upon his wrist.

August 5th, 2139

10: 34 PM

Without another thought, the man shifted his gaze. Another day would soon end, and another would soon begin.

For a moment, he considered his next course of action.

He considered diving once more into the infinite space that was an unfounded wonderland, and simultaneously the greatest craze within the entirety of society in the present day.

Virtual reality games had often been the norm for society as it were, but none could compare to the latest, and undoubtedly, the greatest.

God's Domain.

It was a virtual reality game in all the truest senses of "reality". Not only did the game feel extraordinarily life-like, but it even boasted the highest ratings of true adaption of any virtual reality game. It was, without a doubt, the greatest of its kind.

(Y/N) had often heard of the grandiose beginnings the game had brought to life, of those who rose against the odds, of those who spread their supremacy throughout the lands, and of those who became rich overnight due to fortuitous encounters.