Chapter 13: Path of One

An atmosphere filled with chatter currently presided over the Dungeon Area of the Deathly Forest. No matter where one looked, there were myriads of Players hanging around the area, and as time passed, more and more arrived.

However, there was a clear difference in standard between the hanging parties and the newcomers.

The Equipment that the newcomers wore was of far greater quality, with almost all of them being covered head to toe in Common Equipment at the very least. Some of the greater teams even had various members with Bronze Equipment, a contrast to the loosely made elite parties that hung around the Deathly Forest.

"Look! Over there, that's the core MT of Heaven's Crown, Immovable Mountain! I didn't think I'd ever get to see him at this place. If someone like him is here, then this time, someone is guaranteed to get the clear!"

"What are you talking about? If anyone gets the clear, it'll be those guys over there from Miniature Gladiators! Look at the Berserker in the front, it's Dead Wind, the Guild's number one expert!"

"Hmph. Neither of you know what you're talking about. Both Heaven's Crown and Miniature Gladiators are just third-rate Guilds. Look that way; that's the sub-Leader of Assassin's Alliance, Stabbing Heart. Just him alone is already enough to beat both Immovable Mountain and Death Wind, but there's also that expert at his side, War Soul, who is one of the Assassin's Alliance most powerful Guardian Knights. Even he's stronger than both Immovable Mountain and Dead Wind!"

Naturally, with the appearance of so many of the big shots, the surrounding Players were all excited. It was obvious that with so many teams from so many powerful Guilds vying for the clear, it was only a matter of time until one of the Guilds obtained the First Clear.

With the addition of the second-rate Guild, the Assassin's Alliance, and third-rate Guilds like Heaven's Crown and Miniature Gladiators, alongside the handful of other Guilds present, who while not as famous, were still powerful in their own right. These Guilds, which were supported by Workshops in the real world, which hired Experts whose caliber far outmatched that of the loosely made Elite parties, were not to be underestimated.

However, the competition here would be extra fierce. After all, these smaller Guilds recognized the First Clear as a chance to increase their reputation significantly. All of these Guilds had gone all-out in their preparations to clear the Deathly Forest, so regarding both Equipment and information, they far outmatched the average Players.

Now, it was simply a matter of time. This was the one and only fact that everyone acknowledged.

And furthermore, these Guilds were already prepared to mobilize.

However, just as they were about to begin, a sudden phenomenon took over the teleportation gate to the Deathly Forest. The gate changed from a silvery-gray to a hopeless, pitch-black color. Furthermore, an indistinct skull hovered over the gate, a haunting expression on its face.

With the sudden change, the many Guild members suddenly took a few steps back.

God's Domain was still a relatively new game - naturally, nobody knew what such a phenomenon meant.

"What's going on?"

"Is it some kind of event?"

"An event? Could it be?"

Murmurs began to rise as the Players hanging around the area quickly noticed the anomaly, raising their guards.

A moment later, a single individual stepped through the pitch-black teleportation gate.

"The flashy Swordsman?"

A voice spoke through the silence, (Y/N) stepping out of the teleportation gate, leaving it to close behind him. A notification quickly reached his ears.