Chapter 15: The Nonstandard Prodigy

Soft rays of sunlight heralded (Y/N)'s awakening, the shining light piercing through the windows of his dorm as his eyes fluttered open.

"Still feels unreal..." (Y/N)'s lips curved into a slight smile as he sat up on his bed, reaching to his head and taking off the Advanced Virtual Gaming Helmet he'd commissioned. Glancing at it, he couldn't help but sigh.

"I didn't expect that my performance would be affected to such a drastic degree." (Y/N) hummed as he looked at the Advanced Virtual Gaming Helmet. To (Y/N), who was used to utilizing the Fearless Virtual Gaming Cabin, going from synchronization of near perfection to 90% was quite...debilitating.

Synchronization was an extremely important aspect of displaying one's strength within God's Domain. This held true even further for expert Players, as the higher rate of synchronization would allow them to display a high majority of their strength. In the future, obscure Experts were often held back by their lack of appropriate equipment in the real world, hence, it wasn't rare that some shadowy experts never got their chances to shine.

"Seems I'll have to set my eyes on a Virtual Gaming Cabin, at the very least." (Y/N) placed the Advanced Virtual Gaming helm onto his bed as he stretched, a yawn leaving his lips. For a moment, amusement welled within him.

How long had it been since he'd felt so...energetic?

This was a feeling that he had long since forgotten.

It felt nice.

Standing up from his bed, (Y/N) glanced at the quantum watch on his wrist.

April 26th, 2129

7:34 AM

With a satisfied smile, (Y/N) turned his eyes away.

"I guess I should test what my current limits are." (Y/N), seeing that it was still quite early, decided to test himself. The next seminar wouldn't begin for quite a while, hence, he had some time to kill before then.

After spending all that time in God's Domain, his body had laid unchecked due to the Advanced Virtual Gaming helm. If he wanted to take care of his body whilst also playing, a Virtual Gaming Cabin would be the smallest requirement, at the very least. However, he didn't necessarily feel sore.

Eden resided in an Upper Zone, a mysterious and wondrous location which, even to (Y/N) himself, remained a point of awe. Throughout Eden, and throughout most Upper Zones, strange energies seemed to course through the air, one that reinvigorated the body and seemed to refine it. In pretty much every case, simply staying within the premises of an Upper Zone would be able to grant a physique rivaling that of professional martial artists, or even greater.

In this modern age, exercise was a norm for pretty much any and all individuals. In the current era, sports tournaments and fighting competitions were some of the most sought-after sources of entertainment by the public eye. God's Domain would, in time, serve to amplify this craze even further.

"If I can even do 3 sets, I'll be satisfied." (Y/N)...didn't really hold much hope for his current body. If there was one thing that he remembered vividly, it was that his past self...did not pay attention to his physique, at all. The past him had been quite immature, and had instead left the development of his body to the strange energies of the Upper Zone...

It was only after he began to practice in the virtual world that he finally took to doing his own exercise, hence, (Y/N)'s current form, while not necessarily weak, was far from enough for him. After all, in his previous body, he was practically in another world of strength.

Without hesitation, he began to practice a few light exercises.

Each movement he took was filled with the wisdom he'd attained from his past, hence, despite being restricted, each movement he took still felt easy and relaxed. However, the power behind each movement was the real deal. Even he knew this much.