Chapter 11: Not-So-Deathly Forest

Silence and shock followed the thunder.

Nobody knew how to react.

One second, everything was peaceful.

The next, a flashy Swordsman had suddenly arrived.

The last, death had occurred.

It happened in an instant.

(Y/N)'s cold smile seemed to burn into even Joking Badger's corpse, sparking with silver lightning beneath his feet.

"Broken already~?" (Y/N) gave a smirk filled with disdain, lightning sparking from Stormriven as it shone ominously beneath the crimson moon.

"Y-You..." A single voice broke the silence, (Y/N) casually glancing at the source of the voice.

"You! How dare you kill a member of Martial Union?!" The Swordsman who had ordered Joking Badger to take Stormriven cried out in outrage, (Y/N) merely casting him a passive smile.

"Martial Union? Dunno them. He tried to take something that's mine, so I naturally punished him. Is there something wrong with that?" (Y/N) smiled coldly, tilting his head to the side as his eyes shone with a cold light, a crimson tint mixing with his golden orbs.

"You!" The Swordsman stared on, flabbergasted. Did this Swordsman not understand the fear of death?!

"That was kinda cool..."

"Yeah, but it's only a shame his fame will only last a few seconds."

"Mh. His name is already Red. If he dies, he'll probably lose that sword, and the Guards are already on their way."

"When he returns from jail, he'll be the talk of the town!"

Whispers of both awe and pity rang out from the surrounding Players, the sound of thunder having utterly dumbstricken everyone.

"What a reckless guy..." To say Zhao Yueru was flabbergasted wasn't enough. She was downright dumbstruck by the actions of the newcomer. Did he not understand how God's Domain worked?

"..." Gentle Snow's gaze seemed especially focused on (Y/N), a strange look on her face.

She recognized it instantly.

Others focused only on (Y/N) himself or on his sword, but she focused on something else...

That Assassin, Joking Badger, had died in an instant. He had been one-shotted. At this stage of the game, she had believed that such a thing was impossible, yet it was proven right in front of her...

"Hm?" Ye Feng suddenly turned towards the commotion.

"What's going on over there? Why did I hear thunder?" Black Cloud asked curiously, turning to look at the commotion going on.

"Huh? Weren't you all paying attention?" A Level 1 Ranger asked strangely.

"No. What happened?" Ye Feng spoke straightforwardly, trying to get a look at the scene.

"A guy just died! Some Swordsman came in playing with a weapon, and an Assassin from Martial Union tried to take it from him, but ended up dying to him! The Swordsmans' name has already turned Red. At this point, it wouldn't be rare for someone to go and attack him to try and get that sword." The Ranger spoke enviously, gazing at the distant scene with regret. If he'd chosen Swordsman instead of Ranger, perhaps he'd be able to wield that beautiful sword!

"Died?" Ye Feng's group repeated in shock, or surprise in Ye Feng's case. Who would dare to kill someone outside of the Dungeon Area?

Although Dungeon Areas were not necessarily in the town, they were still considered protected areas. Guards would still patrol the area and keep order...