Chapter 3: Succession Scheme

The overhead sun shone down brightly upon the residents of Falling Moon Town, an exciting atmosphere filling the Town's borders.

Falling Moon Town was quite packed with Players as (Y/N) made his way across, finding hundreds upon hundreds of players still lingering within the Town and chatting away with the NPCs, some even chatting with other Players instead.

"This game is so realistic, it's unbelievable..."

"Right? I've heard some veterans even say that this game far trumps those past virtual reality games!"

"I'll say. But that popularity really comes back to bite us, I can't even talk to a decent NPC because of the number of people."

Conversations proceeded all around him as he walked, (Y/N) chuckling to himself.

Trying to approach these NPCs was going to be meaningless 9 out of 10 times, especially if one were trying to find Quests. Disregarding the minuscule chance an NPC had to exact a Quest, most NPCs that granted basic Quests could only hand out the Quest a numbered amount of times per day, and that number was usually quite low to begin with.

Of course, with the hundreds upon hundreds of players, a number that continued to grow and would soon reach the thousands, competition for these Quests was sure to be intense.

Fortunately, (Y/N) already knew that chasing after those basic Quests wouldn't herald a suitable reward, so he didn't even consider trying to gain one himself.

Disregarding the words of his surrounding Players, (Y/N) swiftly approached the Barracks.

The Barracks was a relatively grand building at the northern sector of Falling Moon Town, dozens of Level 25 Guards roaming around the area in various groups, usually having 6 members. 

"The security around this place is no joke." (Y/N) whistled to himself as he saw the various Squads walking around. To the current Player population, if these NPCs wished to remove them, they'd have no problems doing so. In fact, this amount could most certainly remove all Players from the Town if they truly wished. However, the Main God System wouldn't employ such a tactic upon a Beginner Town.

"Argh...stupid old man!" A young man in armor stormed out of the Barracks, loudly cursing as (Y/N) smiled.

Above the clearly pissed-off young man floated a yellow rhombus-like shape, signifying that the young man was an NPC.

"That looks promising." (Y/N) couldn't help but smile as he watched the young man storm off. God's Domain had many triggers for quests, but often those that made a scene like this were often of the higher tiers, at least a Hidden Quest. However, at this stage of the game, nobody but him knew that, and (Y/N) was sure that even if anyone approached the young man, they'd likely get told to get lost. 

After all, NPCs in God's Domain had all sorts of temperaments.

In fact, as God's Domain progressed further and further, NPCs would become even more human-like, eventually reaching the point where if it weren't for the indicator above them, one wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them and Players.

Before (Y/N) could even take action, another Player attempted to talk to the furious young man.

"Is something wrong, sir?" The Player asked curiously, trying, and struggling, to keep up to pace with the NPC. 

"Piss off!" The young man scowled, walking even faster as (Y/N) chuckled, beginning to follow after them.

"Ugh, what a bastard! The nerve of that NPC!" The Player cursed loudly, glaring at the fuming NPC that slowly got away, (Y/N) merely passing beside him and following after the strange NPC.