Chapter 5: Bountiful Rewards

System: Level 25 Frostbound Specter killed. Level difference of 24. EXP obtained increased by 2400%. Obtained 2,080,160 EXP.

"This game is really cheap." (Y/N) couldn't but sigh as he saw the system notification. Despite having received 2 million EXP, he'd only reached a little more than halfway to Level 10...

Well, not that he was particularly surprised. In the future, several billion EXP was often required for even a single level up. After all, the game didn't get lighter with the EXP requirements, only harsher. Furthermore, he had barely received 40% of the total EXP from the Frostbound Specter's defeat. In God's Domain, when two parties fought the same opponent, the party that landed the killing blow would receive 60% of the EXP, meanwhile, the one who did not would receive 40%. However, the Frostbound Specter was a specialized Quest Boss, so truthfully, (Y/N) hadn't expected to get much, if any EXP at all. Besides, he expected that the Main God System had heavily reduced the amount of EXP he had actually attained, after all, it wouldn't allow him to gain too much of an advantage so early on.

Regardless, compared to everyone else currently, he had a huge advantage. It had only been several hours since God's Domain launched, the average populace should be only around Level 1, whereas the experts should be approaching Level 2. Level 3 was still a far-off goal for most people, much less his current Level 9.

However, he then shifted his gaze towards Aerick, who stepped forward and grasped the crystalline memento in his hands, before turning to (Y/N).

"Let's go. It'll be bad if we're still here and our potions run out." Aerick reminded, his tone far more battle-hardened compared to before. Inwardly, he admitted to himself that without (Y/N)'s support, he would've certainly died here. If it weren't for his decision to use the environment to their advantage, Aerick was sure he wouldn't have even been able to bypass the Frostbound Specter's natural regeneration of 5,000 HP...

"Mh." (Y/N) merely nodded once, before swiping his hand upwards as his Quest Panel appeared before him, showing his current quests.

Unique Quest "Trial by Frost"

Quest Details: Aid Aerick in defeating the Frostbound Specter within the Frozen Forest. Time limit of 4 hours.

0:51:37/4:00:00 Remaining.

Quest Failure Penalty: Flux Knight Aeriath shall jail you indefinitely, and even if you should escape, he shall hunt you down ceaselessly.

"How harsh...it seems we'll also need to return before the time is up. I really should've bought some Return Scrolls..." (Y/N) couldn't help but sigh. Even after defeating the Frostbound Specter, the quest had yet to complete. It was almost certain they had to bring the Frostbound Memento to Aeriath before this Unique Quest was completed...

"Let's go." Without another moment of hesitation, (Y/N) turned towards the cave entranced and began walking away, Aerick looking at the gleam upon the Frostbound Memento once more, before following swiftly after.

With the sole intent of leaving, (Y/N) and Aerick swiftly traversed through the Frozen Forest, even with the Movement Speed reduction that the Frozen Forest debuffed them with. However, it wasn't a necessarily smooth ride, as they had run into several groups of monsters, however, this time, neither of them focused on dealing with them, hence they both ignored them when possible, and if not, Aerick would simply kill them and catch up swiftly. Despite having risen to Level 9, (Y/N) was still far slower than Aerick with base Attributes, much less when he suffered a much harsher restriction. Even [Fast And Nimble] didn't change this fact.

"Won't make it at this rate, hmm..." (Y/N) glanced at the Quest Timer once more.

0:43:13/4:00:00 Remaining.