Chapter 20: Perdition's Keep, the Desecrated Fortress

Perdition's Keep, the Desecrated Fortress.

In the lore of Star-Moon Kingdom, this was a forbidden site, and one forgotten by time.

To Players, however, it was a Level 15-20 Forbidden Land, one where death, mystery, and ghastly ghouls gathered upon. It was, in the simplest terms, a living monolith of failure.

Instead of his previous ragged appearance, the newly-armored (Y/N) seemed like a valiant sentinel fallen from grace, corrupted by powers beyond measure. The Vitreous Set gleamed with a hopeless abyssal black glow, and faintly, arcs of electric red light could be seen glimmering on the scant crystalline shards of the armor. It was a completely drastic appearance change from his past self.

(Y/N) hummed to himself as he took in the magnificent sight before his eyes.

A decrepit, desecrated fortress loomed in the way of his gaze, shrouded by a deep, eerie pale green mist. From where he stood, (Y/N) could sense nothing but danger and deceit from the fortress. Within, he could even faintly hear the clacking of bones, the rattling of chains, and the whispers of eerie, unknown forces...

His intuition warned him to take caution.

"As expected of a Forbidden Land..." (Y/N) couldn't help but marvel at the sight before him.

The sound of raging currents filled his ears as he stepped forth, finding a moat surrounding the decrepit wooden bridge, held together by old, worn chains that rattled with the faintest of breezes. It seemed as if it would shatter at the slightest touch, though still, (Y/N) glanced into the raging waves beneath.

His eyes met raging waters, turned a dark color from the pale mist that hovered over the currents, and from within the waters...the creatures of the deep stared back.

(Y/N) whistled to himself as he saw the massive moat. If he fell down there, even for someone like him, death was almost certainly a guarantee. Even [Observing Eyes] yielded no results on the creatures that swam beneath the raging waves.

"Definitely don't want to go falling down there." (Y/N) smiled as he shifted his gaze towards the decrepit fortress once more.

The otherworldly whispers beckoned him forward...

(Y/N) only gave an eerie smile.

Then, he waved his right hand downward, bringing forth his Attribute Panel.

Character: (A/N) (Human)

Affiliated Kingdom: Star-Moon

Title: Supremacy

Job: Swordsman

Level: 5

HP: 1,440/1,440

MP: 625/625

Physical Attack Power: 201 (+77/Stormriven) ((+18)+10%/4PC Set) (+100%/Ice)

Defense: 219 (+9/Helmet) (+27/Chestpiece) (+11/Gauntlets) (+20/Legguards) (+9/Boots) (+7/Sheathe) (+35 Ice Resistance)

Ignore Monster Levels: 7 (+7/Stormriven)

Attack Speed: 83 (+20/Stormriven) ((+3)+5%/Sheathe) ((+11)+15%/4PC Set)

Movement Speed: 98

Attributes:

Strength 53 (+15/Stormriven) (+3/Helmet) (+5/Chestpiece) (+2/Gauntlets) (+6/Legguards) (+2/Boots) (+2/Cape) (+8/Sheathe) ((+5)+10%/2PC Set) (+8/Level7-8),

Agility 98 (+15/Stormriven) (+4/Helmet) (+4/Chestpiece) (+3/Gauntlets) (+4/Legguards) (+9/Boots) (+6/Cape) (+12/Sheathe) ((+5)+5%/2PC Set) (+4/Starter) (+10/Quest) (+19/Level1-5) (+4/Level6),