Chapter 19: Snowstorm

After the scene in the middle of Red Leaf Town, the tales of the encounter spread through the town like a wildfire, however, the main cause of the commotion, (Y/N), didn't mind it at all. In fact, he didn't even know of it, simply leading Violet Cloud towards their next destination - the Bank.

After the initial commotion, no one dared to stand in (Y/N)'s way, hence, both he and Violet Cloud made it to the Bank within a matter of minutes.

Leaving Violet Cloud through the crowd of Players that gathered in the Bank and conversed with the various NPCs, (Y/N) approached a lone NPC Receptionist.

"Hello. I was wondering if I may inquire as to the price of two Warehouses?" (Y/N) greeted as he approached, Violet quietly following behind him, however, her eyes clearly wandered around the place. It was obvious that she was likely quite new to intensive VR games, not just God's Domain.

To begin with, most VR games had an option to enable an anti-harassment system that would enact a fierce punishment on any Players attempting it, as long as it weren't during a battle, at least. In regards to Drifting Blood, it was the easiest solution for Violet Cloud to have escaped him, however, being a newbie, it wasn't strange that she didn't know of that.

Not that (Y/N) minded, after all, it made the perfect opportunity for him to take her under his wing.

"Two, is it, sire?" The NPC Receptionist questioned, glancing over both (Y/N) and Violet Cloud as he asked.

"Yes. One for me, and one for my companion here." (Y/N) pointed at Violet Cloud, who seemed to snap her head over in his direction as she heard his words. She clearly shot him a surprised glance, however, (Y/N) merely gave her a small smile.

"You'll be needing a place to store your things in the future, trust me." (Y/N) shrugged, Violet Cloud nodding, an unsure expression on her face.

"Very well. Please sign here." The NPC Receptionist gave a nod as a system appeared before (Y/N), who swiftly signed it without even glancing it over. He was far too used to this system, after all.

The Bank was a simple shop placed for a single purpose - Storage!

Within a Bank, Players could choose to rent out a Warehouse - a place where they could store their materials out of their hands. In the beginning stages of the game, before Personal Housing became accessible, this was the best option Players had to ensure the safety of their materials.

After all - who would be suicidal enough to try and raid a Bank? The various NPC Guards placed around the area would slaughter any that dared to cause mayhem within the Town, so the matter of safety wasn't even a concern.

Officially, the Warehouses that Players could rent out held up to 500 slots for items, both bag-space, and non-bag-space items - and this would cost an initial 10 Coppers to rent. This was the fixed amount granted, however, if Players wished for more space, instead of renting another Warehouse, they could simply pay extra to expand the Warehouses' Storage.

The first expansion would reward an additional 500 slots of use, costing an additional 20 Coppers.

The second expansion would grant 1,000 slots of use, though it cost an additional 50 Coppers instead.

From the third expansion and onward, each would grant 1,000 more slots of use for Players, though each subsequent expansion would cost an initial 1 Silver Coin, and furthermore, for every 1,000 slots after the first 2,000 slots, one would have to pay 10 Coppers a week as a management fee to the Bank.