Chapter 10: Thunder Strikes at the Deathly Forest

In a flash of light, (Y/N) suddenly found himself back in the lavish forest he'd been traveling through prior to the Hallow Caverns, a smile rising to his lips as he felt the wind rush past his face.

"Aah~, I could go totally go for a nap right about now." (Y/N) stretched, smiling joyfully as the overhead sun shone brightly. The wind felt perfect, and the swaying of the trees-.

"Huh?" Suddenly, (Y/N) stared up into the skies in confusion. Why was the sun still out? Wasn't it supposed to be night already?

With a swipe of his hand, suddenly, the System Clock appeared in front of him. However, as he stared at the time, only confusion arose to his face.

15:04:03...

"How has it only been 15 hours?" (Y/N) stared at the system, a perplexed expression on his face. According to the timer from the Hallow Caverns, he had been in there around 30 hours...

"Could it be?" Suddenly, a possibility came to his mind.

God's Domain was a game beyond the boundaries of what current VR games could do.

"I'm sure I spent around 4 hours completing the quest with Aerick, then I was in the forest path for about another hour...that means I took 5 hours, and that's when I found the Hallow Caverns. A total of 15 hours have passed out here, and a total of 30 have passed in there..." (Y/N) put a hand to his chin in thought, his golden eyes slowly widening.

"Was the time dilated by 3 inside the Hallow Caverns?" (Y/N) spoke to himself, dumbfounded. It was the only explanation. Despite having spent 30 hours inside the Hallow Caverns, only 10 hours had passed in the actual God's Domain...

"Hahahaha! This world really is just full of surprises!" (Y/N) laughed to himself, an amused expression on his face. He had been preparing to fight his way through the night to reach Red Leaf Town before logging off for a bit, however, now that he'd learned that only a third of the supposed time had passed, it seemed that such a thing was unnecessary.

"Let's get a move on then." (Y/N) smiled, his smile bright and in a cheery mood. His gains from the Hallow Caverns had been ridiculously valuable, and now, he learned that he didn't even lose much time either. How fortunate was that?

"I really do feel like one of the System's favorite children~♪." (Y/N) smirked to himself amusedly, activating [Fast And Nimble], dashing off towards Red Leaf Town after glancing at the map.

The wind rushed past his face as he dodged the various brambles and bushes in his way, (Y/N) having a wide smile on his face the entire time. It felt so refreshing to finally get some air and see vibrant lights, a grand contrast to the Hallow Caverns' dull brown, gray, azure, magenta, and violet colors.

"Red Leaf Town, here I come." (Y/N) dashed off into the forested path, disappearing behind the trees as he dashed towards his target.

Red Leaf Town!

...

15:36:12

By using the combination of [Stormbane] and [Fast And Nimble], (Y/N) pierced through the forest without much difficulty. Even when he encountered danger, they usually died to a single one of his Skills, nothing being capable of standing in his way.

It only took a short 30-ish minutes for (Y/N) to reach Red Leaf Town, slowing down as he approached the small town. Despite being so far away, he could already hear the lively chatter from inside.

A smile rose to his face as he approached the Gate of the Town, a few Level 25 Guards glancing at him, though they didn't move to stop him. Walking past the gates, a completely new atmosphere engulfed (Y/N).