Chapter 18: Ruinous Past, Violet Fate

After leaving the Alchemist Association, (Y/N) smiled as he saw the orange rays of light currently taking over the skies. It seemed that the sun had indeed begun to rise, officially beginning the second day of God's Domain.

"First, I'll make a trip to the Auction House." (Y/N) hummed to himself, taking out to the streets of Red Leaf Town, catching wind of various Players excitedly talking about the planned prospects of the second day.

It seemed that God's Domain had enraptured many to its various possibilities.

A smile rose to his face.

Well, it wasn't surprising to him. After all - wasn't he once in their shoes as well?

After a short walk to the Auction House, (Y/N) arrived and took one of the few empty seats, his brow raising as he saw the packed nature of the Auction House. He was even surprised there was an empty seat considering how many Players were currently within.

"Is something going on? Why are there so many people here?" (Y/N) curiously turned towards the handsome youth beside him, who quietly watched from the sidelines as people bid fervently over...something.

"Hm? Oh, you haven't heard?" The handsome youth, Silent Wind, asked in surprise.

"Heard? Ah, I suppose not. I've been a bit busy with other things, so I've just returned to Red Leaf Town. What's going on here?" (Y/N) asked curiously, glancing over at the zealous Players.

"He was out during the night?" Silent Wind cast (Y/N) a hidden glance.

"I see. Well, a few hours ago, a bundle of potions named the Windstrider Bundle began to appear. I wasn't really here when it showed up for the first time, but apparently, it had two types of potions with a total of four potions. One of them was the Swift Wind Potion, which would increase your Agility attribute by 8 points for 35 minutes. Three of the potions in that bundle were those, but the final was called the Second Wind Potion, which was even better, increasing your Agility by 10 points and providing an attack speed side effect. Whoever bought that Windstrider Bundle practically got 18 Agility for 35 minutes, with an extra bonus of an attack speed buff." Silent Wind filled (Y/N) in on the situation, calmly surveying the scene of chaos that was the Auction House.

"Anyway, I'm sure you understand how unreal a bonus of 18 Agility must be at this stage of the game, hence, people are desperately fighting over the following Windstrider Bundles. However, only one shows up every half hour, so only a total of 8 have been sold. But they've all been sold for such high prices, although the Second Wind Potion hasn't appeared anymore. Still, the Swift Wind Potions alone are already great enough as is." Silent Wind sighed, leaning back against the countertop from atop the chair.

"So that's it." (Y/N) hummed to himself, before a mischievous smile rose to his face. Everything went marvelously according to plan.

"Does anyone know who the Alchemist behind those potions is?" (Y/N) asked inquisitively, glancing over at Silent Wind as he called forth the Auction Panel.

"Don't think so. There are a lot of people are trying to reach out to this Alchemist though, some Guilds are even offering the position of Chief Alchemist to whoever this mysterious person is, and that's on top of a pretty decent wage." Silent Wind continued, a breezy tone in his voice as he spoke about the various offers he'd seen over the last hour.

A lot of people were attempting to make contact with the mysterious Alchemist.

"Still, the mysterious Alchemist hasn't said anything to anyone. They never even gave a name, so people began to call them by the crest found on their potions - the Ruined Crown Alchemist." Silent Wind glanced over at (Y/N), who was busy moving various things around in what he assumed was the Auction Panel, (Y/N) humming in return. Silent Wind then raised a hand to his mouth, yawning as his gaze dropped slightly.