Chapter 2: Starting Anew

Within moments, (Y/N) found himself descending down a multicolor void, a faint wind rushing past him as a fond smile formed upon his face.

It had been quite some time since he'd last set foot in this place, or rather, since he'd made a new account.

God's Domain was a vastly different type of virtual reality game compared to its predecessors. To accommodate the working-class individuals, God's Domain time operated on a separate scaling than the real world did. Each day within God's Domain was a total of forty-eight hours, twice that of the real world's twenty-four. Moreover, the daytime was a total of thirty hours, whilst the night lasted eighteen hours. Furthermore, daytime in the real world was nighttime within God's Domain, whilst nighttime in the real world was daytime in God's Domain. 

Due to the ability to play God's Domain whilst asleep, this schedule allowed the mass public to partake in God's Domain without incident.

A few moments later, (Y/N) felt his descent begin to slow as he arrived before a silent, abandoned-looking temple, radiating a solemn atmosphere in the multicolor void.

Shortly after, a small female angel with four wings flew towards (Y/N), her size barely the size of his hand. (Y/N) merely shot the small girl a smile, soon standing before her.

"Hello Adventurer, welcome to God's Domain. I am the Navigation Angel, Gabriel. I will be introducing to you the four main categories and twelve main jobs. Please choose the job that you like the most." The small palm-sized angel waved her hand, and an illusory screen appeared before (Y/N), showing an illustration of the twelve main job choices.

In God's Domain, regardless of Players or NPCs, both were set into a certain type of class.

There were four main categories and twelve main class types.

Warriors; those specialized in defending against monsters. Iron walls or unstoppable berserkers on the battlefield, this category befell the classes of Shield Warrior, Guardian Knight and Berserker.

Weapons Specialists; those who specialize in dealing immense amounts of physical damage and maintaining a high damage output, this category befalls the physical-weapon classes of Swordsman, Assassin and Ranger.

Healers; those who specialize in rejuvenation and rebirth, those who heal and restore, this category befalls the classes of Cleric, Druid and Oracle.

Mage; those who specialize in dealing immense amounts of magical damage and often being the stars of the battlefield with immense AoE and single-target magical DPS, this category befalls the classes Elementalist, Summoner and Cursemancer.

So, to summarize, four categories and twelve classes.

Warriors; Shield Warrior, Guardian Knight, Berserker

Weapon Specialists; Swordsman, Assassin, Ranger

Healers; Cleric, Druid, Oracle

Mage; Elementalist, Summoner, Cursemancer

Each job in God's Domain held a unique playstyle, and that served as one of the greatest selling points to God's Domain. Warriors were usually MTs, the tanks serving to shield the group. Weapon Specialists were the Physical DPS units. Healers were...well, healing. Mages were the magic counterpart to Weapon Specialists, dishing out immense Magical DPS instead of Physical DPS.