Chapter 16: Edenic Days

After the confrontation with Yun Fengyan, (Y/N) didn't stick around in the classroom.

"Although I expected that my stay here wouldn't be favored, it seems like things won't play out peacefully." (Y/N) hummed as he walked, his lips curved into the faintest of smiles. The previous occurrence didn't surprise him in the least - in fact, he'd expected that in the coming days, such things would be far too commonplace.

The Nonstandard Prodigy.

A blessing and a curse.

A name he never wished for, but one that he bore all the same.

Truthfully, since his uprising in Eden, (Y/N) had strangely always remained at the 250th spot...despite never actually having taken part in the Rankings Tournament. Ever.

It was something that had once confused him, after all, although he certainly didn't lack the strength to hold the 250th spot...it had never once interested the younger him. So then, why was he there...?

The answer for that was all related to a single individual - the handsome man.

Although he didn't know why, he knew that the handsome man had expected great things from the younger him, and even in the past, the handsome man usually always had some hand in his growth. In fact, he always had a hand in most things that (Y/N) would ever find himself related in...not that he'd noticed until much, much later.

Strangely, however, the handsome man never approached him directly. He always seemed...expectant. As if patiently awaiting the arrival of a result of his...

(Y/N) never found the answer, even in the past.

Truthfully, it was the reason (Y/N) had been so surprised to see the handsome man smile. Even in the past, whether when he'd reached the Beyond Domain Realm, when he'd entered the Ascension Realm, or when he'd become the Commander of Eden's Main Force...it rendered little reaction from the handsome man.

Yet, in this life...

"He's hiding something."

It was all too obvious to (Y/N). He was no longer the naive, young boy he used to be.

However, although he had suspicions...what could he do?

The handsome man was someone that, even to the current him, was far beyond his reach.

Although on the surface he had a wondrous identity...

...His true identity, the one that toiled in Eden's darkness, was far more horrific to (Y/N).

After all - even he didn't know what his true identity was. Yet, in the past, even after becoming the Commander of Eden's Main Force, the most prized among all of Eden's forces...he was still beneath the handsome man in terms of authority.

It should be known that although he was merely the Commander, the authority he commanded as the Commander of the Main Force was above even some Honorary Elders, in fact, when compared to even a standard Super Guild, he'd likely have authority rivaling a prized Vice Guild Leader.

And yet, that was still beneath the handsome man...

Only an idiot would suspect his identity as ordinary.

As he racked his brain, (Y/N) was quickly approached by three figures.

"Wow~! Since when do you have such a fierce side? Aiya? Could this be a scheme to get me to fall for you instead~?" Song Luxia's voice drew (Y/N) away from his drifting thoughts, the girl rivaling even the most esteemed models in appearance wrapping her hands around his right arm.