Chapter 17: The Alchemist Who Bottled the Wind

The next time (Y/N) opened his eyes, the chatter of the townsfolk met his ears and the breezy winds of Red Leaf Town caressed his face. The ethereal moonlight bathed his body beneath its grace, the lamplight of Red Leaf Town filling the streets. His mind easily picked up conversations happening from all over the Lifestyle District, (Y/N) standing just outside of the Alchemist Association, where he had chosen to log off at.

Due to it currently being nighttime in God's Domain, a time when fighting monsters would place Players at a severe disadvantage, most opted to hang around the town, whether it be purely to converse with others, explore the systems of the town, or even to make deals with other Players. All sorts of things could be done within the town, and Red Leaf Town was currently packed with Players conversing through all sorts of topics.

However, while he allowed his senses to adjust, (Y/N)'s brow raised as he heard a particular topic of conversation echoing through the crowd of voices.

"I still can't believe someone triggered a Special Storyline already!"

"Right! The Insurrection of the Little Fishmen brought about the Expedition Quests, and people have been taking them in droves!"

"Mhm. However, they're insanely difficult. I tried to do one with some friends of mine, however, we were overrun by the Little Fishmen so quickly, and their attacks got stronger with every hit. It's almost like they were stealing our Attributes, our main MT couldn't even hold on for more than four hits."

(Y/N) put a hand to his chin in thought at the words.

"A Special Storyline? Who could've..." (Y/N)'s brows narrowed, mulling over the new information.

A Special Storyline wasn't something he was unfamiliar with, after all, he had incited plenty of such occurrences in the past.

However, for one to show up so soon...

"Then again, I already went to an Otherworld. I don't think anything's really off the table here." (Y/N), after a moment of thought, chuckled to himself. A Special Storyline, while surprising, wasn't necessarily the most unreal thing he'd experienced so far.

"Still, it seems there are at least two interesting Players here in Red Leaf Town." (Y/N) called up his inventory, summoning up a chocolate stick as he placed it on his lips.

The mysterious Swordsman who had slain the Mayor.

The mysterious Player who had invoked a Special Storyline.

Red Leaf Town sure hid many interesting individuals.

With a hum, (Y/N) searched through the Forums of Red Leaf Town, searching for information about the mysterious Player, however, nobody knew the Players' identity, or even their Class for that matter. All in all, the Player was a complete mystery.

"A shame. I sure would've liked to meet that person." (Y/N) hummed to himself. After all, the rewards gained from activating a Special Storyline weren't anything to scoff at. They were the real deal.

A dangerous, serpent-like smile rose to his handsome face.

It was only such a shame he let such a person out of his grasp~♪!

Still, he couldn't say he was necessarily interested in the Storyline Quest.

Storyline Quests were by no means easy, and although he was confident in being able to complete it, he would need to sacrifice a lot of time to do so. Time was the one resource he wasn't willing to throw away meaninglessly currently.

Before he could continue his thought process, a string of notifications drew his attention.

System: The Wind Arrow Skill Book you have placed on auction has been sold. After deducting the processing fees, a total of 7 Silvers 44 Coppers has been added to your inventory.