Chapter 8: Stormriven

[Shardcrown Vessel] (Crown Lord)

Level 10

HP: 50,000/50,000

The daunting creature sat silently upon its chasm, (Y/N)'s gaze filled with shock as he trailed over the Shardcrown Vessel with his eyes dozens of times, even casting [Observing Eyes] several times.

Perhaps he was just seeing things?

Unfortunately, the reality was just as he had seen.

Even after using [Observing Eyes] several times, only a grim reality awaited him.

"This...thing, is the Guardian Boss? Why is there a Lord so soon?" (Y/N) grimaced, his face wary as he glanced over at the immobile creature.

Despite being over 250 yards away from the Shardcrown Vessel, (Y/N) still felt the threat of death from the Crown Lord...

No, putting that aside, just what in the world was a "Crown" Lord?

(Y/N) was very familiar with Lord-ranked Monsters. In the simplest terms, they were absolute nightmares to fight. Compared to the current Common and Elite-ranked creatures he'd been fighting so far, they were all toddlers in comparison to the Shardcrown Vessel. Even if it were to be approached by thousands upon thousands of such creatures, the Shardcrown Vessel would emerge victorious. In fact, it would be a miracle if the creatures could even do 1 damage to it.

A Lord-ranked Boss was far beyond (Y/N)'s current state.

If the Novice Sword couldn't even last against the Hallow Interceptors, he had no doubt that it would break instantly upon attacking the Shardcrown Vessel, much less attempting to block its attacks.

Despite being so far away, he could already visualize the results of trying to block its attack.

The Novice Sword would shatter on the spot, and no doubt that the Shardcrown Vessels' own sword would cleave through (Y/N) in a single hit.

255 HP?

What a joke.

He had no doubt that any attack from the Shardcrown Vessel would kill him instantly, even if he were at full health.

As for fighting the Crown Lord with his fists?

It'd be a miracle if he could even do -1.

"If I want to stand any sort of chance, I'll need at least the full Vitreous Set and a new weapon...otherwise, screw defeating this thing, just staying alive against it is going to be impossible. Still..." (Y/N) frowned as he gazed over the Crown Lord, nervousness clear in his eyes.

What was a Crown Lord?

Although he had reached the apex of Tier 5 in the past, he'd never once heard of a "Crown" anything before. In fact, it was likely that even Tier 6 Players had never heard of such a thing. Never once did he recall hearing or seeing anything relating to a Crown enemy. He didn't even know such a thing had ever existed.

"Sure enough, pioneering the game is completely different to starting late." (Y/N) couldn't help the dry chuckle that left his lips. God's Domain was a very, very mysterious game. It was also beyond advanced.

Although the existence of a Crown Lord shocked him, after giving it some thought, he didn't find it overly impossible for such a creature to exist. After all, the world of God's Domain was immensely expansive. Even in the past, the entirety of God's Domain had yet to be explored fully. In fact, it wasn't too much of a stretch to say that they'd barely gotten past the starting line. That was simply how giant of a game God's Domain was. It was an ever-expansive world of Gods, Monsters and mystery.