~•21•~

"Say Taichi.....are you sure it was this way?"

A strong gust of wind blew, picking up large clouds of dust with it. You could practically see the heatwave's below their feet.

"Um...." Taichi spun around a few times, taking a good look at the surrounding areas. "Yes?"

There they stood, in the middle of a large field. The crops were all dried out and as they walked it crunched harshly under their feet. "Taichi next time you have a shortcut make sure not to go on it. This is the third time this week." Y/n placed his hand on Taichi's shoulder, "I'm sorry! I just wanted to help-"

"I know I know. You want to help me find a better way to get home quicker. But Taichi? Listen to me, I'm fine taking the longer way home. As long as it doesn't involve....this." he gestured to the open field. Taichi gave a quick little nod. Y/n knew he was bored at home. The only living things he hung out with were Leo and the kittens.

The vampire felt terrible the way Taichi was locked up in the house all day. He couldn't do anything about it though, he had school most of the day, forced to leave Taichi home alone.

"Taichi, let's go somewhere yeah?"

"Where are we going?"

"That's a surprise."

~~~~~~

"Wah...." Taichi's mouth hung open. "This....is my baby."

Y/n ripped off a large sheet, uncovering the black motorcycle that was underneath. "Her names Shelly." He patted the side, "I haven't rode her in awhile but she's in mint condish."

Taichi giggled at his poor word choice. "Can we ride it?! Please?"

"Hmmm." Y/n glanced at the bike then back at the little vampire, "*sigh* I guess..." Taichi jumped up in down in excitement. Y/n hoisted him up onto the seat- getting in just infront of him.

"Hold on tight Taichi."

The engine roared as it does off onto a nearby road. Taichi and Y/n's hair flee in the wind. The child screamed in excitement.

"Isn't this great?!" Y/n yelled from the front making sure Taichi heard him. "This is amazing!" He took a left turn into a busier intersection.

(A/n: Dude I'm like so sorry for the uh rather plain chapter. I feel super bad for not publishing anything for the past 2 weeks so I'm posting this in the meantime while I work on a more interesting chapter.)