Chapter 3 - Penthouse

Kai Moretti

I was not the only one.

A lot of men approaching her and I can't even count how many men asking for her phone number. I wished she gave them without her last digit like she did to me 2 days ago.

"If looks could kill, she would have been death by now." I turned to Jose and Malorey chuckled.

"She's beautiful." I said truthfully and Jose gave me a nod. He knew that I can't resist beautiful women. I turned back to Laura who just grabbed a mic to give her maid of honor speech.

"Hello everyone." She said and everyone has their eyes on her. She turned to the couple and then she turned back to the audience.

"I'm Naomi's bestfriend since highschool and my name is Deandra." My eyes widen when she introduced herself.

"Naomi and I were in the same biology class when we first met. We both were inseperatable ever since. She's such an amazing person and someone that inspired me to do great things and chase my dreams." Laura or Deandra said as she turned to Naomi.

"Naomi is such a positive and bright person that somehow her personality leech to me. She's someone who will not hesitate to fly anywhere in this world to support you and I want to let her know that I want to be that person too for her." Naomi mouthed her thankyou.

"Today as I witness Naomi and Jeremy's wedding, I know for sure that Naomi is in good hands. I still remember when Naomi first told me about Jeremy about a year ago." She said as she took out a small note.

"This is what she texted me." She chuckled as she opened her small note.

"Deandra! OMG! I met this cute fluffy hot sexy zaddy kinda guy!" She said it in Naomi's tone and everyone laughed.

"I was shocked when she send this because she never describe someone like that before but then.. her next text messaged shocked me more."

"Deandra! He has the cutest freaking small mole under his eyes. I'm going to marry this man next week!" And again she said it in Naomi's tone. Everyone laughed so hard and Jeremy even turned to his wife disbelief.

"I'm glad and so happy that you're marrying your mole guy today. As your bestfriend, I can't wait to see your journey together in the future. For Jeremy, please take a good care of my best friend. Cheers!" With that people clapped their hands.

I turned to Jose and sighed. "Do you know her name?" I asked and Jose chuckled.

"Are you deaf? She mentioned her name earlier, it's Deandra." Jose said and I shook my head.

"She told me her name was Laura De Angelo." I said and Malorey chuckled.

"That's a sign she's not interested in you." She said in a mocking tone.

"If she went to the same highschool as Naomi, it means she came from a rich family then." I said as I took out my phone from my pocket.

"She's an elite, Kai." I looked up to Malorey.

"Elite?"

"Her name is Deandra Serano, look her up." She said and I opened my phone to look her up. I typed her name and as soon as her name popped up, there's thousands of articles about her.

I opened a link to her profile and read it. There's a lot of photos of her modelling as I read her profile. I was shocked to see what I read and I turned to her to check if she's the same person.

"She's royal and an elite." I turned to Jose who's already smirking widely.

She's basically someone that is adored by a lot of men. Not only the men in this room but also a lot of men in Europe. This made me want to know more about her.

No wonder, she has this captivating aura.

After the wedding ended, I already glued my eyes on Deandra. She was talking to a couple of friends before she took her phone and a small bouquet of flower from the table.

I walked towards her and she saw me. She bid her goodbyes with her friends and she walked towards me.

"Deandra." I called her real name.

"Yes?"

"You lied to me about your name and you didn't even give me the last digit of your phone number. Are you always this mean?" I asked and she chuckled.

"I think you're the one who didn't get the memo."

"What?"

"I'm not interested in you." She said and then she walked past me. She grabbed a bottle of champagne and walked out from the ballroom.

"Give me a chance.." I said as I walked beside her.

"Find someone else, I heard about your reputation." She said and I stood in front of her.

"You can't judge me based on what you heard from people, that's not fair." I said hoping she would give me a chance.

"I'm busy." She smiled and took a step to the right. I stood in front of her again and she looked at me disbelief.

"If you're busy tomorrow, how about tonight? Have a drink with me! I have my own bar at my penthouse." I said and she tilted her head.

"I'm good at making cocktail." I added.

"Wait for me at the lobby, let me change.." She said and I can't hide my excitement. I smiled widely and she walked past me.

I called my driver to get ready to pick me up at the lobby. I waited for her at the lobby and I'm so excited for this. I want to know what kind of woman she is.

I kept looking at the lift looking for her.

After 15 minutes, she came out from the lift with a ivory silk dress and still in her highheels. I was starstruck seeing how beautiful she is. Even all the men who walked past her turn to check her out.

I got up and walked towards her.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah."