Chapter 31 - At Night

Kai Moretti

"Kai.." I opened my eyes and Deandra greeted me with a kiss on my cheek.

"You have to go to Vania's wedding." She said and I slowly sat up. I turned to the clock and it's almost 9. The wedding will start at 10.30.

"Go wash up." She got off the bed and I turned to her.

"Will you come with me?" I asked and she turned to me.

"Are you sure?" I did tell her about my parents and she understood how I feel completely. I told my parents that because I thought Deandra won't come to New York but now it's a different story.

I don't want to leave her alone and let her roam around New York alone. I need to have her close to me.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Okay." She smiled. I dragged myself to the bathroom and took a shower. As I walked out, Deandra was looking at her dresses. I hugged her from behind and she turned to me.

"Should we just.. not go?" I whispered to her and she shook her head.

"Don't be like that." She said and I chuckled.

"Black or dark blue?" She asked as she showed two of her dresses.

"I prefer you naked." I whispered to her ear and kissed her cheek before running away. I walked to my closer and grabbed my suit. I dried my hair first and then put on my suit on. I checked myselt on the mirror and walked out from the closet.

Deandra was doing her hair and make up. She looked at me through the mirror and she smiled.

"You look great."

"You think so?" I asked and she nodded. She got up and walked to me. She looked at me and held my hand.

"You look good." She looked up to me. I gave her a peck on her lips and she turned to the clock.

"Give me 15 minutes, I'll be done by then."

"Take your time, it's okay to be a little late." I said and she nodded.

Deandra Serano

Kai held my hand and led me into the wedding venue. The wedding hasn't start yet so when we entered the venue, a lot of people turned their attention to us.

"Kai." We both turned to our left to see a couple in their 50s and I'm assuming this is Kai's parents.

"Mom Dad, this is my girlfriend, Deandra. Deandra, this is my mom and dad." I smiled as they gave me a brief hug.

"You're really beautiful, Deandra." His mom, Whitney, said.

"Thank you." Suddenly a lot of his families started to introduce themselves to me and I was a little bit overwhelmed. When they announced the wedding will start, Kai brought me to sit on the middle row.

Once the bride entered the room, we all stood up because she's indeed so beautiful in her wedding dress. Kai told me that Vania is actually one of his cousins that is genuinely nice.

We all sat down as they both stood in front of the priest. Kai wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. I always love wedding ceremonies because it's just a perfect definition of happily ever after.

Yes, I know that not all relationship work out but the wedding itself is just magical.

"What do you think?" Kai asked.

"What?" I turned to him and he already leaned his face close to me.

"About wedding." He whispered.

"What about it?" I raised my eyebrows.

"One day that would be us." I was surprised when he said that because I know we're in a pretty serious relationship but I never thought he would bring up about wedding or marriage this soon.

"..."

"Why? You don't like it?" He whispered to my ear and I put my finger to shut his mouth. I turned to the couple that is currently saying their own vows with each other.

"Why are you so adorable?" Kai kissed my cheek.

Moses Moretti

My wife gestured me to look at Kai and I turned my head to see him talking to Deandra. Everyone could see that he really like her, it's too obvious. He's just different around her.

I know clearly who Deandra is and at first, I thought she will be one of my son's toy. Me and my wife thought that would the case because how can he not attracted with her? She's my son's type and not to mention that she's a daughter the leader of ILLICIT.

I know my relationship with Kai is not the best but seeing him happy will be enough for me. We always rush him to get married because we know he's lonely. He's been working so hard and his way of getting rid of his loneliness was to sleep around and hangout with a lot of women.

I'm happy for him.

Deandra Serano

"I'm jealous." I turned to Kai.

"Of what?"

"My cousin." He turned to Vania who's currently exchanging rings with her husband.

"What? You like the groom?" I pretended not to understand what he's saying and he turned to me disbelief. The couple are officially husband and wife now. They both walked down the aisle and we all stood up cheering for them.

We moved on to the ballroom behind the church. We walked hand-in-hand towards the building.

"You need to stay beside me all the time, okay?" Kai said.

"Why is that?" I asked and he stopped walking. He pulled me towards him and he crashed his lips to mine.

"Don't talk to other men, okay?"

"Why would I talk to other men?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Good, because we don't want someone get hurt tonight." I chuckled when he said that.

"They all know I'm your girlfriend."

"They know but they won't care."

"Don't worry, Mr. Moretti. I'll be a good girl today." I smirked and we continued to walk to the next venue.

"Be a bad girl now and be good girl later at night.." I smacked his arm and he chuckled.