Chapter 10 - Too Early

Deandra Serano

After wrapping up my job in Miami, I can't wait to have fun and just enjoy the beach while I'm here. I sat down on the sand looking straight to the sea.

My phone rang and it's Kai.

"Hey, where are you?" He asked.

"Where are you, I'll just go there." I said as I got up. I patted all the sand thst stuck to my skin.

"Found you." He said and ended the call. I turned around and saw Kai smiling and walking towards me. I turned to my guards and gestured them to give me some space.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi." It was a little awkward especially after what happened in Paris.

"How about we eat dinner together? I know a really good steak restaurant around here." He said.

"Let's go then." He took me to a luxury steakhouse that is located on the 11th floor of a building. Not to mention it's facing the beach. Kai let me pick a spot to see and I chose the one with the best view. Instead of sitting facing each other we both sit side by side.

I'm thankful that he did it because we're still so awkward with each other. We ordered some steaks and as we're waiting for it, we both just silently look at the view.

"Thank you.. for giving me another chance." He said.

"What makes you want to try it again?" I asked without turning to him.

"I can't get you out of my system, I was constantly thinking about you all the time." He answered and he then turned to me.

"I really want to try this." He said and I nodded.

"Last chance, Kai." I warned him and he smiled widely.

"I know."

Kai Moretti

When I asked about what kind of sports she likes and surprisingly, polo was one of them. Before I became successful, I always find someone who plays polo fascinating because not a lot of people plays it.

She told me she has a horse named Blue and she used to play a lot between the ILLICIT members since two of the members actually trained to be professional players.

I put my elbow on the table and rest my head on my hand looking at Deandra who's currently talking about she misses playing polo. The way she smiles, the way her eyes lit up and the way she explaining with her hands.. just adorable. I want to kiss her so bad because of it.

As she was talking, our eyes met and she stopped. "What?" She asked.

"Nothing, I was just.. admiring you."

"You really have your ways with words huh?"

"Is it working?" I asked and she caressed my cheek with the back of her hand.

"I have so many admirers, Mr. Moretti. Your words will have no effect on me." She smiled and I grabbed her wrist.

"Have you ever fall in love with one of them?" I asked.

"No, but sometimes.. I sleep with them." I mean it's not like she can't sleep with other men who happened to come into her life before me but the thought of it, I don't really like it.

Something within me doesn't like it when she's talking to other men who fell in love with her. Take Paul, I don't like him from the get go.

"I'm actually curious about something." I let her wrist go and raised my eyebrows.

"What is it?"

"How long will this attraction last?" She smirked and that made me sit up straight.

"Attraction?"

"Why do you think I'm giving you a last chance? We both have this attraction with each other and I'm just going go see when yours and mine will last." She is something.

"You can ride motorcycle right?" She asked and I nodded. She got up from the seat and walked away first. She paid the meal and I followed her out. As soon as we got into the lobby, her guards were standing next to two Energica Ego 45 and my jaw just dropped.

"Go check it out, I have to change my clothes first." She said leaving me alone with these two motorcycles. This woman always surprised me in the most crazy way.

How can someone this badass and adorable at the same time?

"Here you go, sir." One of the guards give me the key and I got on it. I turned to see Deandra coming out from the building already in black skinny neans and black tanktop and white shoes.

That's hot.

She turned to me as she gave her bag to her guards. She grabbed the key and opened the trunk to put her phone. She then got on it.

"I should charge you everytime you stare at me like that." She said as she pulled her hair up into a bun.

"Charge me, I don't mind." I said completely admiring her and she started speaking French to the guards telling them something. She then put on her helmet.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I don't know, just anywhere." She said as she opened the helmet. I nodded and put on the helmet.

"Lead the way, Mr. Moretti." She added and I chuckled. I started the engine and drove out from the building. I looked at the side mirror to see if she's following me and for sure she is.

I started to just go without any specific place. I love the feeling it and it's been awhile since I went for drive either it's by car or by motorcycle. Sometimes Deandra would drive side by side with me but most of the time, she let me lead the way.

After riding for about 30 minutes, I decided to stop at the edge of the coast. I parked my motorcycle and got off. Deandra parked next to me and she took off her helmet first. She let her hair down and wiped her sweat with the back of her hand.

"How about you ride with me later when we get back?" I asked and she turned to me.

"In your dreams." She chuckled as she got off from the motorcycle. She turned to the view and walked towards the beach. I walked side by side with her.

Everything felt perfect for me. I felt free and so happy spending time with her. She's slowly become addicting.

"How much should I charge you for staring?" She asked and I laughed. She turned to me and I looked into her eyes.

"Be my girlfriend, Deandra." I stated.

"I think we're suitable with each other and I think we keep that attraction if we're in a relationship." I added.

"Ask me again when I'm ready, it's too early."