Chapter 8 - Car

Kai Moretti

I waited for her in front of the car because she had my car key. I saw her bidding her goodbyes to Paul and his friends. Paul was not having it, he gave me a dead glare before he walked back inside.

"Oh! Sorry, I forgot that I have the car key." She said as she started half running.

"Don't run, it's fine." I said and she opened her bag. I walked to her and she gave me back the car key.

"Thanks for agreeing to come here." She said as she looked up to me and I nodded smiling. I found myself caressing the side of her head.

"Dinner?" I asked and she nodded.

Deandra Serano

My heart skipped a beat when he caressed the side of my head. I've always love this kind of affection. Not to mention that, photoshoot earlier was a big point for him.

"Deandra." Kai gave me a soft tap on my thigh and I turned to him.

"Hmm?"

"You okay? I was just asking if you're fine with eating lobster." He asked as he glanced to the GPS.

"Yeah." His phone vibrated on the cup holder.

"Do you mind checking who text me?" He asked and I grabbed his phone.

"Passcode?" I asked.

"I don't have one." I opened his phone and opened his text message.

"It's from a man called David, he sent you a file." I said and he nodded.

"Okay." I put his phone back and I looked out the window. It's really been a long time since I went on a date that is comfortable. I just hate the fact that this man is a playboy.

If he has a good reputation, it would be easy for the both of us.

"So.. are you like trained to build a gun since you're a kid?"

"What? Where did you hear that?"

"People from the internet." I let out a sigh.

"No, my parents didn't train or force me to do anything. I grew up like other kids except I.. was born with Serano as my last name."

"I think it's a privilege." He said and I found myself nodding.

"It is but the whole Europe is looking at you once you're get exposed to the public. I love being a Serano, it's just you somehow have to meet your parents expectations and the public too."

"You already went over that line, Deandra. You just need to know when to stop." I was surprised that he said that. Usually people will say that you're doing amazing and just keep up the good work.

He said the exact line that my grandmother said.

"It's okay to be reckless and be bad sometimes. You don't need to be proper and meet your parents' expectations all the time. Where the fun is that?" I chuckled hearing his statement.

"I guess you're speaking from your own personal experiences."

"I was born into a strict family. They demanded me to do everything they want and I got sick of it that I decided to do the opposite."

"Being a playboy is one of them?" I asked and he stopped the car right at the red lights.

"Settling down is one of them." He turned to me and with that statement, he just give himself a big minus points. I know that I'm only one of his toys and will always be one.

"They want you to get married and have babies?" I asked and he nodded. He continued to drive.

"They're scared that their last name won't continue. They hurt me a lot and I guess this is my way to teach them a lesson. Besides I don't want to turn into my parents once I have a kid."

"Have you ever ask why?" I asked curiously.

"They want the perfect child. Our parents wanted the same thing but the difference is that you're doing it while I don't." He's right. I mean my parents never demanded me to be the perfect daughter but they do have a certain standard that I have to fill.

"So you already commit that you won't settle down?" I asked and he nodded.

"No, I mean.. I don't mind dating but there won't be an end game to it." He was honest about it and I don't mind about that. Everyone has their own perspective in life but for me dating him would be a waste of time.

I will waste my feelings, time and money for someone who will not guarantee to give me a happy ending.

Kai parked the car and we got out from the car. He put his hand in front of me and I took it. We walked into the restaurant together and they led us to a private room.

We both sat facing each other and he smiled. Apparently it's going to be a course meal and I grabbed the glass of water taking a sip.

"Do you want to go on a night walk under the Eiffel tower later?" I asked.

"Of course."

Kai Moretti

After we ate our dinner, we walked towards the Eiffel tower. None of us talk while we looked at the beautiful Eiffel tower. She walked down the stairs and I kept up with her pace.

"I never seen it this close at night." I said as I looked up to the tower.

"City of love, that's what a lot of people call Paris as." I turned to her and she then turned to me.

"I grew up seeing my parents so deeply in love with each other. I know one day I would find someone who can love me as much as my father loves my mother." She turned back to look at the tower.

"As a member of ILLICIT or as a daughter of Declan and Danielle Serano, they really set the bars high up for me. That's why it's hard for me to find the right man and it's not easy for me to settle down even though I want to."

"You're still young, Deandra. You're 23 years old." I said and she turned to me. She scoffed sarcasticly.

"I'm not you, Kai Moretti." She looked at me straight into my eyes.

"I don't date someone like you who will end up throwing me like trash after you get sick of me." She smirked and I was taken back by it.

"I hope today would be the last time we see each other."

"Is it because what I said earlier in the car?" I asked and she nodded.