Chapter 22 - Interact

Deandra Serano

I looked at my phone completely debating if I should call Kai or not. I really should have pick up the call when he called me in Monte Carlo. I'm regretting it a lot.

I put my phone back to my pocket and walked into my meeting. I was stressing a lot lately and I can't sleep. I don't know why because I'm pretty sure I'm learning to move on.

My secretary, Edith, walked into my office and she handed me my schedule for tomorrow.

"Can you give me last month's market data?" I looked up to her.

"Ms. Serano, it's late already." She said and that made me turn to the clock. It's almost midnight and I closed my eyes completely going nuts.

"Give me the data and you can go home. Have everyone go, I'm going to sleep here." I said and she nodded.

"Do you want me to get you anything to drink? Coffee? Tea?" She asked.

"Tea, please. Thanks." I said and she walked out from my office. I ran my hands through my hair and looked back to my computer. Edith walked in with a cup of tea and a black file. She gave it to me.

"You can go home, tell Sid to go home too. I'll be staying here." I said.

"Goodnight, Ms. Serano." She said and I nodded. I grabbed the black file and opened it. I started to check on it one by one and comparing it with this month's report.

I grabbed my tea and took a sip. I went back to my reports and I could feel my eyes getting heavy. I yawned and pinched myself to stay awake. I leaned my body back to my chair and closed my eyes. I fell asleep right away.

Dalton Serano

"Call Deandra because she haven't send me the file that I asked her to. Ask Edith to do it if Deandra is busy." I told my secretary and she walked out from my office.

I got up from my seat and walked out to grab lunch at the cafeteria. As I pressed the lift button, my phone rang and it's Zion.

"What's up?"

"Deandra is missing."

Deandra Serano

I opened my eyes slowly and looked straight at the cream colored ceiling. My eyes widen when I realized I'm not in my office and I got up instantly.

I'm on a plane.

I looked out the window and we're already up in the air. I quickly got out from the room and I was greeted by a lot of guards. I'm pretty sure they're not ILLICIT's because ILLICIT has a special uniform and badge for our guards and security teams.

I walked pass them towards the main section of the plane. I froze when I saw Kai sitting there looking at me with a big smirk plastered on his face.

"Kai?"

"Happy to see you're awake already, beautiful." I walked towards him and looked around.

"You kidnapped me?"

"Didn't I ask you if you want to settle this nicely or else I will do it the hard way? You're the one who chose this." He said as he got up from his seat.

"How- how did you even get pass the security? It's impossble for you to en-"

"I have my ways for that and to be honest.. it was not easy." He said and as he grabbed my hand.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as I pulled my hand away from him.

"That's a secret."

"Do you know that my family will look for me right?" I asked and he got back on his seat. He nodded as he grabbed his glass of champagne.

"I'm not scared of your father or your brother if that's what you're worrying about." He said and I looked at him disbelief.

"You really want to die huh?"

"Didn't I mention to you not to make me jealous?" He turned to me and I sat down on the seat in front of him. This reminded me about Kelliane, this asshole!

"You really have the guts to kidnap me, I swear you-"

"Tristan Kyson right? The man that you're sleeping with?" What?!

"The one who answered the call with you." I looked at him disbelief.

"If you dare interact with him again, you will not like it what will happen next."

"You can't control me, Kai. Why is it bother you so much if I sleep around when you can't even keep your hands to yourself too?!" I said angrily and looked straight into his eyes.

"Is that why you kick Kelliane?" He smirked and I looked away.

"Is it still hurting?" He asked in a softer voice now and it made me turn to him. He gestured me my arm and shoulder.

"Did she provoke you? Did she say she sleep with me? Hmmm?" He raised his eyebrows and I sighed.

"Really need a reminder not to make you jealous, so far there's two women got hurt because of you." Still have Grace on the line.

"Is this all a joke to you?" I asked.

"So.. are we going to talk or not? Or maybe you still want to be stubborn?" He did not just say that.

"Let me make this clear. I did not sleep with Grace, Alice or Kelliane. Kelliane and I both knew each other through mutual friends. I did not sleep with anyone after you left and I was not coming to Paris because I was preparing all of this so you and I.. can have a serious talk." He said looking straight into my eyes.

"I don't know what Kelliane said to you until you're so angry and decided to go all in. I did not sleep with her, Deandra." He emphasized the last sentence.

"Now let me ask you.. Did you sleep with Tristan Kyson?" He asked but this time his eyes changed. Did he not know that Tristan is a part of ILLICIT?

"Deandra.."

"He's a part of ILLICIT, we're close." I said.

"Well.. you should not interact with him unless it's you have to."