Chapter 28 - Fun

Kai Moretti

As soon as we got to Paris, the media went crazy. We really can't go outside from the Serano mansion. Even Deandra's apartment building was surrounded by paparazzi.

"I'm sleepy." Deandra leaned her head to my shoulder.

"You want to go to your room?" I asked and she nodded.

"Let's go then." Her parents were at home and I did greet them. We went up together and she immediately threw herself to her bed. She made me lay next to her and she fell asleep instantly.

I closed the curtains because it's raining so hard and there's a lot of thunderstorm. I kissed her cheek and walked out from her room. I went downstairs to grab a glass of water when I found Dalton in the kitchen eating something.

"You're here?" He asked and I nodded.

"Where's Deandra?"

"She's sleeping upstairs." I said as I grabbed my glass of water from earlier and filling it up. I turned to Dalton.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he looked up to me completely not liking my question. He just gestured me to go and I took a sip of my water. I planned to walk out but Dalton threw a question.

"Do you love my sister?" He asked and I turned to him.

"With all that I have."

"I know your reputation, Kai. I don't really trust you with her. Just because you're here, it doesn't mean we like you." He said coldly and I really can see these two siblings are pretty much alike.

"I'm not going to deny it because I was that person. I don't like to commit to one person because I used to think it's stupid to just settle down. I admit to my wrongs and commit to change myself to be a better person. Now, I can say that I just haven't meet the right person at that time."

"Your sister is really special to me, Dalton. She changed me a lot. I used to hate someone like her who is pretty handful and hard to handle but now.. I love every second of it. She might not good with expressing with words but she always expressive with her actions."

"Someone like you don't deserve her. You will hurt her eventually." He said and I shook my head.

"You can't judge me if I deserve her or not. Because it's for her to judge. I won't be with her if she thinks I don't deserve her." He raised his eyebrows hearing me.

"I know I won't hurt her and I know I can make her happy. It's already enough to know that I do deserve her." I said and Dalton let out a scoff.

Declan Serano

Hearing Dalton and Kai's conversation really showed that Dalton still trying to understand himself. It's still hard for him to admit his feelings and try to fix things.

Kai and Dalton actually pretty similar in a lot of ways. I knew it after Kai talked to me about Deandra when we found them in a private island. The difference is that Kai quickly knew his flaws, admitting it and quickly fix it but Dalton not. Dalton knew still clueless about his flaws, he tries to admit it and fix it but he doesn't know where to start.

I know Kai is indeed really in love with my daughter and I'm not going to against that. It's hard to find someone like him especially someone who can really move Deandra's heart.

Even Tristan can't. I know Tristan is in love with my daughter and he tried his best but Deandra always consider him as a brother. Tristan didn't go for her boldly like Kai who is very vocal when he wants.

If Tristan and Deandra end up together, I won't complain about it. Tristan is a good man and I know he will treat my daughter right but he will always agree to what Deandra says. He will let Deandra do anything she wants when Kai is not like that.

Adter investigating more about him, my security team told me about their encounter. I could say that I'm impressed with Kai. He knew how to treat her without making her go nuts. He knew how to calm her down without scolding her.

I guess.. we already found the one for Deandra.

I wonder when will Dalton realize and admit his feelings.

Deandra Serano

I walked out from my room after gathering all my soul after sleeping like a cow. I wonder where Kai is and I flinched when I heard men cheering downstairs. I walked downstairs and can't believe that there's 7 men sitting on the living room with beers and wine on the table watching soccer.

Even Phoenix was holding Kai's hands as the team slowly approaching the goal post. My father has his arms around Angelo and Adrian, he's slowly raising his voice as the ball slowly getting closer to the goal post.

"What on earth is this chaos?" I whispered and I turned to see Dalton in the garden not watching his favorite game. I walked towards him.

"Hey." He turned to me.

"Hey." I sat on the chair beside him and looked up to the sky. I guess it was raining when I was sleeping because all the grass was so wet.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he shook his head.

"About Ellie, isn't it?" He didn't answer.

"You really need to admit it and give her space to think. You hurt her enough, Dalton." I said and Dalton sighed.

"I know."

"Be good to her." I said as I patted his shoulder. I got up and walked back in. I walked to the living room and Kai smiled when he saw me. I sat beside him looking at the game.

"Ah!!! Why?!" Chance screamed at the TV.

"How's your sleep?" Kai asked as he turned to me.

"It was good."

"I swear.. I hate watching at home." I turned to Phoenix and I chuckled. They hate watch it at home but at the same time, they don't want to go to the stadium to watch it because they know they will start a fight.

"I heard you all screaming earlier." I said and Kai chuckled.

"It was a fun game."