Chapter 39 - Move

Kai Moretti

Declan was surprised to see Deandra following me when we're supposed to meet up in private. I bet this is about me begging for their blessings to marry Deandra.

"I need to talk to Kai alone, Deandra. How about you go find your mother?" Declan said and Deandra looked at the both of us suspiciously.

"You both have secrets now?" Deandra crossed his arms in front of her chest and raised her eyebrows looking at me demanding answers.

"Very well, if you insist of hearing what I'm about to say to Kai then stay.." I gulped nervously as I turned to Declan. He looked at me death in the eye.

"I'll give you my permission to marry my daughter if you move to Paris for good." He said and he made me speechless.

"I don't like the idea of my daughter going back and forth everytime. She needs a home, a place to settle down. Your idea of having two homes are good but I don't think it's good for her considering when she was a kid she has separation anxiety." Declan turned to Deandra and I turned to her to see her reaction.

"Father, you're so selfish. Do you know that?" Deandra said and I quickly stood in front of her preventing her to fight with her own father.

"You're calling me selfish when I'm considering my own daughter's condition?"

"I don't have it anymore, I don't have separation anxiety anymore. It was when I was a kid. I'm okay now." She said.

"Can you please wait for me outside?" I asked and Deandra turned her attention to me.

"Please.." Deandra sighed and nodded. She made her way outside and then I turned to Declan again.

"So you want me to move to Paris for good?" I wanted to make sure that I hear him right.

"Yes." He said as he turned around facing me. Before I could give a respond, he put his hands into his pockets and let out a small chuckle.

"Having second thoughts?" He asked raising his eyebrows and he really knows how to make things difficult huh? I know he would not make things easier for me but moving to Paris for good was not the requirements that I thought I would get.

"If you can't move here, you should end things with my daughter cause I have someone in mind for her already. I'll give you a month." He said as he patted my shoulder and then walked past me.

"You don't need to wait for a month to hear my answer, sir." I said as I turned around and Declan stopped walking. He turned around.

"I love you daughter so much that moving to Paris won't be a problem for me. I think we both know that even though I'm not perfect, I'm the right person for your daughter. I'm pretty sure that if she still has issues with her separation anxiety, she would have told me and I will adapt to it as much as possible, but after dating for months, I don't see any problem with our relationship."

"For sure, after marrying her, I want her to stay in New York more and I'm actually already planning to make another branch of my company here in Paris so she still can be with her family and friends and I will be there with her."

"I respect you requirement, sir. I really do but I don't think we have a problem there unless Deandra said it herself that she's uncomfortable and want me to move here for good." I said and gulped nervously. I quickly took out my handkerchief to wipe my swear from my forehead. That was intense and Declan just looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"You're good with your words, Moretti, but words can easily be forgotten. I never doubt your feelings for my daughter and I'm not blind to see that my daughter is as much as in love as you do. Dating is one thing but marriage another thing." He said as he looked away.

"I'll hold on to your words for now, prove it to me then we can talk again." He then walked out the room. Instantly Deandra walked in and she cursed on her father right away.

"Do you really have to ask his permission? You know that he's a pain in the ass!" Deandra hissed as she held my hand and I chuckled. She wrapped her arms around me and I hugged her.

"I need his permission first.."

"But moving here for good is not a good idea, you have a company and you're not going to move here for good. That's just stupid." She said and I kissed the top of her head.

"How about we continue where we left off earlier?"

Deandra Serano

I slipped away from Kai and put a robe on. I walked out from the room and decided to make a tea for myself. I looked out the window while waiting for the water to boil.

Today, I realized that he's not playing with his statement in wanting to marry me. He was talking with my parents about it and I can't help but love this man more than before.

But moving here is too much.

He's already done enough or maybe more than enough for me. He told me about all his plans earlier and it's already crazy enough but my father wants him to prove it for before he can marry me.

That old man.. he's too much.

My phone rang and I'm glad it's on the counter instead of in the bedroom. I quickly grabbed it and it's Thalia. I answered the call right away.

"Hello."

"You really have to send him here huh?"

"What?"

"Mario, he's here. Did you tell him that I'm here?" I could tell from her voice that she hates having him there.

"No, he knew about you being there already."

"Well, he's really disturbing my sweet moment." She sighed.

"Maybe you should hear what he wants."

"That would never happen, he can dream." With that she ended the call.