Chapter 40 - Don't Like Him

Deandra Serano

Paris Fashion Week was fun but the after party usually excites me more. After talking and mingling with people, me and Cordelia decided to go to the toilet.

I wanted to pee so bad and Cordelia just needed to touch up her lipstick.

"Deandra, I'll be waiting for you outside. I need to make a call." She said.

"Okay." She seemed in a hurry because usually she always make her calls after the event unless it's an emergency.

I walked out to wash my hands and touched up my lipstick a little bit. I was grabbing some tissues when someone bursted into the toilet. I turned to see none other than Kelliane.

I saw her earlier on the first show but never thought she would come to the after party.

"Hi Deandra." Kelliane said as she closed the toilet door and locked it. Immediately my alert went up and I put down my lipstick before turning my body around.

"Hi, Kelliane." I said arrogantly.

"You.. you ruined my life." She said and that made me raise my eyebrows questioning her statement.

"Ruined your life? Me?" I said laughing at her ridiculous statement. She suddenly took out a small knife from her purse and pointed it at me. She was walking towards me slowly and I looked at her completely unbothered.

"Ah.. you're going to kill me?" I asked.

"You.. you embarassed me in front of a lot of people.. and you ruined my life!!" She said as she walked two step closer towards me. I took a step forward and she took a step back.

"You took everything away from me.." She said as she threw the knife to the ground and then she slapped me so hard that my left ear rang. Kelliane pushed me to the wall and pulled my hair. I stepped on her foot and kicked her shin. She groaned in pain and she grabbed the knife in a speed of light.

I pushed her hand away but the knife managed to cut my left upper arm. It was a big cut and blood started to come out. She looked at it in horror and then she turned to me. She dropped the knife and she dropped herself to the ground.

"You really messed with the wrong person, Kelliane. You really did. You should have just shut your mouth." I said and I grabbed my bag. I saw my own reflection and I really need to go to the hospital.

When I opened the door, people were already waiting. There's even some staff trying to open the toilet door. When they saw my arm, they immediately called an ambulance and took me to the hospital.

My phone was ringing but I was slowly losing my focus. My ears were ringing and everything started to go blurry. The doctors were trying to keep me awake but.. everything turned black.

Kai Moretti

When I arrived at the hospital, I was greeted by ILLICIT's bodyguards who ended up leading me to Deandra's room. When I heard the news, how I wish I could teleport to Paris right away.

Declan was right.

Being away from her will only give me anxiety because shit like this can occur when I'm away. For now, I want to see her first. I need to know her condition.

The guards let me in and guess who's inside? Tristan Kyson. He was helping her get out of the bed.

"Kai! You're here!" Deandra squealed. I smiled and walked to her. I hugged her tightly and she groaned in pain.

"Sorry." I said as I pulled away and looked at her from head to toe.

"Don't worry, I'll be okay. They let me go home tomorrow." She said and I shook my head.

"You need to stay here for a couple more days, you don't look okay to me." I said and Deandra chuckled.

"I'll leave you two alone." I turned to Tristan and he smiled to Deandra.

"Thanks, T."

"Thanks." I said and Tristan gave me a nod before going out of the room.

"He's just helping me, he came here an hour ago." Deandra said as I held her hand tightly leading her to the sofa.

"Kai."

"Hmm.."

"Are you jealous?"

"Hmm?"

"Kai.."

"Your father.. he's right." I said completely frustrated. After seeing her condition, I was convinced that having her apart from me won't be a good idea. I was going insane on my way here to Paris from New York. It was the most painful flight that I've ever had.

"What? Right about what?" Deandra sat down and looked at me completely confused.

"I'm moving to Paris, give me a few months." I said and Deandra looked at me completely speechless.

"Kai, listen.. I'm fine. I'm doing great."

"No, you're not."

"It's just a small accident." I ran my hand through my hair when she said that.

"Small accident? You got a lot of stiches and you said this is a small accident?!" I was furious.

"Kai."

"No! You don't know how much I'm in pain flying here worrying about you! I don't want to leave you ever again, I'm moving to Paris!" I said and Deandra sighed.

"I know you're worried but please.. I'm fine."

"No, you're not fine." I said as I sat down beside her. She tried to calm me down but I was completely mad at myself.

Imagine the woman that you love got hurt on the other side of the world. You really can't do anything and you can't make sure about her conditions right away.

"I'm fine, you worried too much." Deandra leaned her head to my shoulder and I kissed the top of her head as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"I'm moving to Paris, I'm not leaving you out of my sight anymore." I said and Deandra chuckled.

"I guess.. that's great news for me." I turned to her and she was already smiling widely.

"You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry, babe."

"And about Tristan.." I said and before I can continue, Deandra closed her eyes and leaned her head to my shoulder.

"He didn't do anything, incase you're wondering." She said in a small voice.

"I don't like him."

"He's nice, you're just too jealous." Deandra smacked my arm.

"Nah, I don't like him."