Chapter 9 - See You There

Deandra Serano

I threw my body to the sofa and looked up to the ceiling. My mood went downfall after separating with Kai. None of us talk as he drove from the Eiffel tower back to my apartment.

I know he's pissed but I'm just doing my job in protecting my feelings.

I got up and grabbed a bottle of wine. I'm planning get drunk tonight whole watching netflix.

Kai Moretti

It's been a week but I kept thinking about her to the point that I can't even sleep. I took sleeping pills after that day and still can't sleep.

I can't believe that woman still has a big effect on me after not wanting to see me anymore.

I should have just accept it and move on. It's not like this is my first time getting rejected. I even called some women to entertain me but ended up making them leave before I can even touch them.

I was stressing out and really can't accept it.

"What's with you?" Jeremy laughed at me as I closed the door. Naomi took off her jacket and turned to me.

"Since when did you have dark circles? It looks like you aged 10 years." He added and I gestured him to shut his mouth.

"What happened? Did Deandra say some mean things to you?" Naomi asked.

"She.. said she doesn't want to see me anymore." I said and Naomi looked at me amused.

"Why? I bet this is not your first time hearing something like this."

"How about you tell me what did you guys do the whole day?" She asked and I grabbed my glass of wine before telling her the whole story. Naomi turned to Jeremy and Jeremy even looked at her confused.

"What?" I asked.

"If she said that to you, it means you impressed her and she likes you."

"She rejected me, Naomi. What part of it that she shows me that she likes me?" I hissed completely pissed.

"Do you want to know how usually she rejects guys?"

"How?" Jeremy asked.

"She just leaves in the middle of the date and blocks their number. She won't even introduce you to her friends." Naomi said.

"But she told me about the exhibitions before the date so.. I think-"

"No." Naomi cut me.

"She will never introduce you to her friends and just lets you roam around."

"But introducing is a basic manner, Naomi." I said and Naomi glared at me.

"She introduced you to Cordelia, Cordelia is another ILLICIT member. I've been friends with her for 7 years and trust me, that woman.. doesn't introduce you to people easily." I looked at her still don't believe her words.

"I'm her bestfriend for 7 years and I only know 3 ILLICIT members. Cordelia, Arthur and her brother. You've known her for what? A few days, yet she introduced you to Cordelia and her friends."

"Okay, let's skip that point. Why are you mad for?" Jeremy asked.

"Why are you mad until you can't even sleep when you know her words were right? You don't want to settle down and it's normal for her to say that because she knows.. you won't be able to give her that." I found myself not being able to answer that. I guess I didn't think it through because I was so mad.

"Didn't I warn you about her?" Naomi sighed.

"Did she say anything about me?" I turned to her and she shook her head.

"Just move on." Jeremy said and I rolled my eyes.

"You really like her, don't you?" Naomi asked as he looked straight into my eyes.

"You're already acting like this when she rejected you, I can't imagine if you're in love with her. I bet you will do some crazy shit." She added and I turned to Jeremy.

"Move on." Jeremy said and I wanted to punch him in the face.

"Give me your phone." Naomi said and I gave her my phone. She sighed and showed my phone screen to Jeremy.

"You really went nuts huh?" She asked and she put my phone on the table. My eyes widen when she called Deandra's number.

"She didn't block you." Naomi said as she slid my phone to me still calling her.

"If she picks up, tell her to give you one more chance." I looked at her disbelief.

"Just do it, you'll never know." Jeremy said.

"Hello?" I froze when Deandra answered the call. Naomi and Jeremy were holding hands looking at me nervously.

"Kai?"

"Hey, how are you?" I asked.

"Just busy with work." I turned to the couple in front of me and they gestured me to say more.

"I.. I wish you could give me another chance." I said and I bit my bottom lip completely dumbfound because this is my first time acting stupid begging someone to give me a second chance.

"Kai, are you calling a wrong number?" I looked up to the couple and they're holding their laughter.

"I think you meant to dial another Deandra or Lauren." She said and Naomi just went down the floor.

"No, I call the right number. Deandra, listen.." I took a really deep breath and let it out slowly.

"What?"

"Please give me another chance."

"I think I've made it clear last week. You want me to find you another woman?" I face palmed myself.

"I want to date you." I said completely desperate. I sounded like an idiot when I'm begging.

"Kai."

"Hmm?"

"I think you should stop drinking, it's like 3 pm in New York."

"Deandra, please give me another chance. You can't just reject me because of what I said." I protested.

"There's plenty of fish in the sea, you'll find another Deandra." She said in a cold tone and I turned to Naomi. She was typing something on her phone and she showed it to me.

"Give me one last chance or I will sue you for.." I looked at Naomi disbelief.

"Excuse me? Sue me?" Deandra protested and Naomi gestured me to keep going.

"Losing 2 million dollars worth of contract yesterday because I couldn't sleep well for the past week. I kept thinking about you and it's slowly making me go crazy." I read what Naomi said.

"That's childish." I glared at Naomi.

"Please.. one last chance."

"..."

"Deandra?"

"..."

"Please.."

"I'm going to Miami this weekend, see you there."