Chapter 29 - Support

Kai Moretti

I have a lot of work to cover since I've been gone for more than a week. It's time for me to work overtime. I've been trying my best to keep up with everything and I would try to call Deandra every free time that I have.

I have to be a speaker at a tech exhibition tomorrow and I guess that would be exciting. Too bad that Deandra is busy too, I was hoping that she could come and support me.

I got into more meetings too and I was just so out of energy.

"Kai, your parents are here." I looked up to Jeremy and I sighed. He gestured me to go out and greet my parents.

I got up from my seat and walked out from my office. I went straight to the meeting room and saw them sitting there. They looked happy somehow.

"Why are you guys here?" I asked as I closed the door.

"We saw the news." My mom said and I sat down.

"What news?"

"You're dating Deandra Serano." My dad said and I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"So?"

"So it's true?" My mom asked as she raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"You should bring her to Vania's wedding." I looked at them both and shook my head.

"She's busy and besides I don't want to introduce her to the family." I said in a cold tone.

"Why? So is she just one of your toys?" I turned to my dad and shook my head.

"No, I'm planning to marry if that's what you're wondering." Their eyes widen when they heard the word 'marry' and my mom nodded.

"You two wanted me to get married and I found someone that I really want to marry but I don't want to introduce her to the family. Especially to someoene who looked down on you." I turned to my dad.

"I know you ask me to bring her because you want to show it off but not me." I added.

"At least you can come so they will shut their mouth. We all think that it's just a rumour because I can't even imagine you date someone like her." My dad said.

"I will not bring her to Vania's wedding, don't even dream about her meeting them. I will introduce her to you both one day but not now." I said and they both went silent.

"Just this once." My mom said and I looked straight into her eyes shaking my head.

"You really need to stop caring about what they think, not everything revolves around them!" I hissed.

"I'm busy." I said as I got up from my seat and walked out from the room. I walked back to my office and took an advil.

The next day..

As soon as I walked into the tech exhibition, I was interviewed by a lot of media about my future goals and my thoughts on some new technologies that just launched recently.

"We're really be supporting your future projects, Mr. Moretti. We have one last question for you." I turned to the interviewer.

"Are you dating Deandra Serano?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Yes, I thought the news made it clear already." I said.

"We're curious and want to hear it from you. Thank you so much for agreeing to have an interview with us." He said as he got up. I got up and we both shake our hands together.

The staff that incharged for my schedule led me out from the room and went straight to my own waiting room. I will get on stage in 20 minutes to be one of the speakers in this exhibition.

Later on in the evening, there will be a talk between some people who are really excel in tech. I'm actually excited because I used to be the people who sit on the audience seat.

My phone rang and it's Deandra.

"Hey babe." I answered.

"So.. are you having fun?" She asked.

"Yeah, I just got out from an interview. Will go up on stage in 15 minutes." I said as I grabbed a bottle of water.

"Wish I could be there."

"It's okay, you're busy anyway."

"It's because we both spend time with each other too much, we forgot we have work." I chuckled when she said that.

"Long distance sucks. Really wish you're here."

"Kai, I have to go. Call you later." She ended the call. One of the staffs came in to help me put on my mic. I looked at my own script and my own presentation sheet.

Deandra Serano

I'm in New York to support Kai. I went into the biggest hall in the exhibition center and tried to look for an empty seat near the stage. I was wearing a black hat and tried my best not get caught by people because there's a lot of media here.

I should have put a mask on.

I found an empty seat on the third row. I quickly walked into that row and sat down. I checked the time and he will come up the stage in about 5 minutes.

"Oh my god." I turned to see a couple beside me looking at me.

"You're-" I gestured them to not say another word and I gave them a smile.

"You're so beautiful." The girl whispered.

"Thankyou." I whispered.

"He's a big fan of your boyfriend." She pointed at her boyfriend.

"Good to hear that." I'm glad that Kai is here inspiring people. I saw a lot of young people came here to listen to Kai's tips and tricks about making technologies.

The MC announced that Kai will enter the room and we all clapped our hands. I'm so excited for this and I can't wait to surprise him later unless he caught me in the crowd.

My phone vibrated and it's a text message from Kak telling me that he's going on stage.

"I know." I whispered looking at the text message.