Chapter 13 - Go

Kai Moretti

As soon as I finished my meeting, I decided to call Deandra. She got back to Paris yesterday because she has work and I do have a lot of work too. I will go to Paris next week to see her.

Before I could call Deandra, Edward called me.

I was hesitating whether to pick it up or not but I ended up picking it up.

"Hello."

"Hey, Kai. How are you?"

"I'm good."

"I just want to tell you that Alice is in town. She wants to see you, it's been a really long time." I sighed hearing it.

"How long she will be here?" I asked.

"Around 2 months."

"Let's meet up for lunch tomorrow."

"Just text me the time and place." I said and ended the call. I let out a long sigh before calling Deandra. It's almost 9 pm in Paris.

"Hello." Deandrs answered.

"You're home, beautiful?" I asked.

"Going home, just finished a long meeting. How about you?"

"Just got out of a meeting." I pressed the video call button and she immediately accepted it. She was grabbed her bag from the hanger.

"What's with that face? You told me to charge you and I'm so serious about it." She said and I chuckled.

"I miss you, it's been a day.."

"I don't." She said and then she gestured me to not stay silent. She walked out from her office.

"Arthur!" She called and I know that he's a part of ILLICIT.

"What?" I heard Arthur answered.

"Where's the car key?"

"Deandra, I swear to god.." She laughed and then she  showed her face again. She showed me that she's going to a basement and got into the car.

"You'll drive home?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm in the headquarters not the office." She said as she started the car.

"I'm going to put you on speaker." She added.

"Okay." I heard that she's already start driving.

"How long does it take you from the headquarter to your apartment?" I asked.

"About 20 minutes. So.. do you have another meeting after this?"

"No, just going to finish up some work."

"I was going to tell you at lunch but I forgot because Cordelia made me eat lunch with her."

"What is it?"

"You don't need to come to Paris next week, I will go to New York in 4 days. My brother will have his graduation on the 20th so.." She said and I can't help but to smile.

"Good to hear that, I miss you a lot." I was not joking, I really miss her.

"So you will be staying in New York until the 20th? How about you stay at my place?"

"That's a really.. bad idea." I laughed when she said that.

"I have a guest room, Deandra."

"Nah I have a really bad sleepwalking." I know she doesn't.

"I can handle it."

"How?"

"I can tie you to my bed."

"That doesn't sound right." I laughed and I serious miss her already. I wish I could create a door that can get me to Paris immediately. I really want to hug and kiss her.

"I miss you."

"Too bad, I'm not."

Naomi Anderson

I looked at the woman in front of me completely not liking her the second she walked into the room. Jeremy brought me to a small reunion with his highschool friends.

This woman named Alice was clinging to Kai like a leech. Jeremy told me about Alice and he said she was diagnosed with cancer last year. One thing to have cancer and another thing for being rude and bossy.

Kai didn't even try to push her away and I was debating whether to tell Deandra now or give a chance for Kai to tell Deandra himself.

"Kai, are you free tonight? Let's grab dinner together, just the two of us." She said in this cute and high tone voice. I wanted to puke so bad but it seemed Kai got used to it. I turned to Jeremy and he gave me a let-them-be looked.

"I have work." Kai said and she pouted. She then excused herself to the toilet.

"She's your ex-girlfriend?" I asked Kai and he nodded.  I turned to Jeremy and he sighed.

"How long did you two date?" I asked.

"2 years." Jeremy answered and that woman walked back. They're all continued talking with each other and then I saw her holding Kai's hand tightly and she kept leaning her head to his shoulder. She even kissed his cheek multiple times through out this reunion.

"I have to tell Deandra." I hissed as soon as I got into the car.

"Naomi." Jeremy warned and I turned to him.

"What?"

"Let Kai handle it, I bet Deandra can handle it well."

"But.."

"If Kai really likes Deandra, he will tell her." Jeremy said and I put my phone back.

"I don't like Alice at all, she's a fucking clingy and annoying bitch. Is she always been like that?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah."

"Why did Kai date her?"

"She was hot back then."

"Idiot." 

Kai Moretti

"Alice!" I hissed as I pushed her away from me.

"What?" She looked at me trying to be innocent. She was trying to take off my shirt in the office.

"Why are you being so mean?"

"What do you mean being so mean? You're crossing the line!"

"I just want to spend time with you. You know that I've been doing a lot of chemo lately and I just want to have fun with you."

"Talk, I don't want to have sex with you." I said as I buttoned my shirt again. She looked at me raising her eyebrows.

"That's so not like you, Kai. We both always do it everytime we see each other." She said as she sat on the seat in front of my desk.

"Are you seeing someone?" She asked and I looked straight into her eyes.

"Yeah."

"She won't know." Alice smirked.

"Go fuck Edward, don't make me kick you out!"