Chapter 26 - Sign

Declan Serano

"I can't believe you let them stay there." I said to my wife as I got on the boat.

"Don't be mean, they both look happy with each other. Let's not ruin it.." Danielle said and I can't believe this. I turned to Dalton and he was not saying a word.

He didn't say anything after he punched Kai. I guess he learned something from Kai because from the get go, I was impressed by him. He was brave enough to go against me and I would like someone who has that guts to be with my daughter.

"I personally like him, he's bold." Danielle said and I nodded. "The fact that he can kidnapped Deandra is very impressive. He really went all out."

"What do you think about him, Dalton?" Danielle asked and Dalton turned to us.

"I don't like him." Dalton said and I shook my head. I bet he's thinking about Ellie. He really should learn from Kai and reflect on his actions towards her.

Deandra Serano

I was just sitting on the beach looking at the dark sky. It's going to rain soon but I'm loving the atmosphere and the breeze of it. Kai sat down beside me and gave me a can of beer. I opened it and took a sip.

"I swear.. you might be the only man who ever go against my father." I said and Kai chuckled.

"He's just.. protecting you. I would do the same if I have a daughter one day." He said and I took another sip.

"You're crazy." I turned to him.

"I don't mind getting punch by him everyday if that is the only way for him to let me be with you." He said and I chuckled.

"You really good with words, Kai. I swear to god, if you use that on other woman, I will smack you so hard."

"I won't, Deandra."

"How did you convince my family?" I asked curiously. I really wanted to know what he said to them until they let me stay for another two days.

"Not telling you."

"Hey!"

"You don't need to know, it was an intense conversation." He said and I sighed.

"I can't believe that I'm admitting about what happened in Monte Carlo."

"That really shows how much you like me." He said in an arrogant tone.

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes and took another sip of my beer.

Kai Moretti

I walked down after taking a shower to the best view of my life. Deandra cooking steak in the kitchen with my grey t-shirt singing to Taylor Swift. I wish I have my phone with me, I would have recorded her.

I leaned my body to the wall, she still has no idea that I'm already downstairs. She was singing with a spatula and she was banging her head as the climax of the song comes.

What a great concert she has there, I'm proud to be her one and only audience.

"Cause we're young and we're reckless-" She froze when she saw me. I chuckled and walked to her. How is she so adorable? I kissed her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"How long did you stand there?" She asked.

"Quite awhile, that was a great concert, babe." I said as I gave a peck on her cheek. She pushed me and flipped the steak.

"You should do it more, I'm willing to watch with a popcorn." I teased her.

"You're weird."

"This song is totally you." I said and she turned to me disbelief.

"This song is me? Why is that?"

"Nightmare dressed like a daydream." I smirked and she put her hands on her waist.

"You did not just say that.."

"This.." I pointed.

"I hate you."

"What? No one ever tell you that?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know if you're mocking me or.. complimenting me."

"It's a compliment, beautiful."

"How is that a compliment? You're so weird." She said as she put the steak into a plate. She turned off the stove. She brought the plate to the dining table. I grabbed a bottle of wine and two wine glass.

"Your brother seem to be dealing with something, is he okay?" I asked because earlier, he didn't say a word. He was just looking at me with an unreadable eyes.

"His own love life." She answered as I sat down. I opened the bottle of wine and poured it into the glass.

"What happened?"

"Back when we were in highschool, a girl confessed to him. He asked her to follow him to Harvard." What?

"He asked a girl to follow him to Harvard?" I repeated and Deandra nodded.

"She got in but never went. They met again after years not seeing each other. My brother found out about it and I think they're dating secretly but she has a fiance who is a freakkng evil man."

"They broke up?"

"I don't want her to be with Dalton honestly. She's too good for him, she deserves better."

"That's sad."

"Don't pity him, he's mean."

Deandra Serano

I was just reading a book that happened to be on the shelf. I turned to see Kai falling asleep on the sofa in a really awkward position. I closed my book and got up. I walked towards him and laughed silently seeing him.

I kneeled down and kissed his cheek. I put his arm on the sofa since it's dangling to the ground. I grabbed a blanket that's laying on the other sofa. I put the blanket on him taking his book and glasses away from him.

"Good night." I whispered and kissed his forehead. I walked upstairs and slept on the bed. Today was so tiring especially when I was waiting for Kai as he talked to my family.

I was so worried and still clueless about what he said to my parents but I'm glad that everything going smoothly. My mother even gave me a wink before getting on the boat.

I think it's a great sign for us.