chapter one | sorry

I flinch as i hear the third bottle of beer shattering outside the door of my room he was mad because I still hadn't left the house by the time his friends got here it was 9:56pm and him and all his friends were drunk now

I flinch as i hear the third bottle of beer shattering outside the door of my room he was mad because I still hadn't left the house by the time his friends got here it was 9:56pm and him and all his friends were drunk now. i knew if i left now and came back in the morning it wouldn't be as bad so i grabbed my phone and my sweat shirt then i climbed out of my window at this point i had gotten used to jumping out of my window so it didn't hurt as bad now like it did before.

In times like these when i had to sneak out i would go to this beautiful clearing that had a big tree and flowers everywhere i felt at peace here. This was one of the only places i could be safe even if it was always late when i did come here. I would always daydream about how it would be if my parents loved me what would it be like to have a dad that didn't hurt you all the time for his own pleasure. I could never do anything right and he always made sure to remind me of that. sometimes i wish it would've been me who died and not my mother then maybe they would've had their happiness.

i had been here for about an hour now and i was starting to get tired i usually never slept when i wasn't at home i also burly slept at home but at least i did sleep a little there i didn't really like sleeping outside just because of how scary it can be. i was sitting with my head down resting on my knees when i heard movement coming from behind me panick crept up on me but I still faced forwards not wanting to know or face what was behind me but i slowly turn and i see a tall man looking at me with curiosity. Without a word he comes and sits next to me looking straight a head at the pond then i get a good look at him he has really pretty brown eyes with light brown curly hair 'hes so pretty'.

"did you just call me pretty" he asks while turning and looking at me. oh shoot did i said that out loud goodness i'm so dumb "huh no" i say quickly while shaking my head no i hear him hum in response. we stay in silence for about an hour i had honestly forgoten he was here until he spoke again. "whats your name" he askes me without his eyes leaving the pond "maeve whats yours" i ask. "alessandro, how long do you usually stay here for" man this guys asks a lot of questions "until morning" i answer honestly. "you know not sleeping very much is bad for you especially for someone as fragile as you" he tells me looking straight into my eyes and i just shrug my shoulders.

when the sun starts to rise i stand up and i start getting all the grass of my trousers and alessandro soon dose the same "you didnt have to stay all night you know" i tell him "i cant have you getting hurt now can i" he tells me while walking away then i start my trip home trying to make it as slow as possible preparing myself for whats about to happen. When i reach the front door of the house i live in i let a few tears fall and i take a couple of breaths then i enter shortly after.