Chapter 17 | helpless

Trigger warning for this chapter After Suicide attemptMentions of abuse and self harm——————————————————-

After Suicide attempt
Mentions of abuse and self harm
——————————————————-

I woke up to the sound of a beeping I opened my eyes slowly flinching at the bright light as I look around I see I'm in the hospital and sitting in a chair next to me holding my hand was Apollo his head was rest on the side of the hospital bed.

Instantly feeling guilty as the memories of how I ended up here flooded my mind, my eyes began to water and I was trying my best not to cry 'how could I do this' I thought to myself.

Apollo lifted his head looking up at me and he instantly began to ask me how I felt but I stopped him "I'm sorry" I said letting my head fall in shame but he puts his hand under my chin and lifting my hand making me look up at him "hey hey no it's not you fault don't be sorry" he said and I break down.

"I just want the pain to stop" I say to him as he whispers reassuring words into my ear. We stayed like that for a minute until someone burst into the room making me look up quickly and there he was after six months of no contact there he was Alessandro.

I looked up at Apollo giving him a questioning look "I called him Princess" he says and I nod. He then leaves the room giving up privacy and as soon as he leaves Alessandro rushed to my side "mi amor I'm so sorry for not calling you or making contact" he said "it's ok Alessandro I understand" I say to him.

The doctor came in before either of us could say another word "I'm glad your awake Maeve I have some questions for you, could you please step out sir" the doctor said but I said I wanted Alessandro to stay while grabbing onto his arm. The doctor gave me a worry look before nodding.

"While one of the nurses was changing you into your gown she took notice of big cuts, scars and bruises now we wanted to ask you if that from self harm or something else" he said to me looking at Alessandro while saying that last part.

"Oh no oh goodness no not him I'm in cheer so I get hurt a lot" I say to him how could he think Alessandro did this to me. Alessandro gave me a look and I just looked straight down to my hands 'he can't know no one can'.

"Ok Maeve let me just check your iv" he said and when he checked the iv he secretly placed a card under the blanket and he gave me a small smile before heading out. When I pulled out the car it had a couple of numbers 'call for emergencies' it said in it.

"Maeve who's hurting you" Alessandro said loudly but still trying not to scare me "no one Alessandro you heard what I told the doctor" I said and it almost came off as a whisper "Maeve who" he said once more.

"No one" I said never looking up to meet his eyes "damn it Maeve this isn't a joke!" He said loudly making me flinch "I'm sorry Maeve please tell me" he quickly said after noticing he had raised his voice.

"My father" I told him while feeling my eyes fill with tears again "oh god Maeve how long" he said while sitting down in the chair next to the bed and grabbing my hand. "Years" I said lowly hoping he wouldn't hear me but he did because I felt him squeeze my hand.

"Is that why" he asked sadly and I just nodded "Maeve I'm so sorry I didn't notice before" he said to me but I shook my head "you couldn't have known" I said smile a little at him.

"Im never leaving you again" he said and I smiled

"Ill never leave you either"

——————————
:)