Chapter 6 | promise

It is currently five in the evening and I'm heading home to get read for tonight's game

It is currently five in the evening and I'm heading home to get read for tonight's game. When i first signed up for cheer I was anxious because with cheer I had to do lots of socializing and I'm not a very social person seeing as my social anxiety is always high but being in cheer meant that I could be out of the house for a couple more hours and attis was on the football team so i could cheer him on.

I was nervous to get home but once I did I saw that my fathers car wasn't in the drive way so I hurried in to get ready and out of the house before he got home. An hour passed and I was ready to go but the game didn't start until seven and it was only five fifty so I messaged Attis to see if he wanted to come to heavens cafe with me, it took him a few minutes to respond but he said sure so I made my way out of the house and to the cafe.

Upon arriving at the cafe I look around and trying to find Attis and once I see Him I walk over to sit in the booth he is sitting at as soon as I sit down he slides a plate with raspberry cookies on it I give him a big smile and thank him I love everything raspberry flavored it's just so good. We talk for a little until it was time to head to school. Attis tells me to go ahead before him because he has to get a to go box for the cookies 'he got too many' I thought while giggling a little.

I was so caught up in my little world that I didn't notice the man In front of me until I bumped into him I gasp and look up immediately apologizing to the poor man for bumping into him when I look up at him I noticed it was the same man from the clearing, oh how foolish of me to forget his name "it's alright darling no need to worry" he says to me, when he called me darling I felt my cheeks heat up and I knew I was blushing.

"Oh thank you so much, come on Attis we have to get to the game" I tell the man in front of me then I say to Attis noticing he's coming up to us. Attis and I then head out to his car and we drive off to the school when we reach the school he says bye to me and we head our separate ways.

After the other girls and guys on the cheer team and I practice and stretch we head out to field, taking a deep breath before I put on my best smile and I run out waving at everyone sitting on the bleachers and the other girls and guys doing the same. The girls, guys and I get into position preparing to begin the routine once we hear the music start that was when we also start.

I took a couple deep breaths before two guys and two girls form a circle around me well more like a square but you get the point the two guys squat while preparing to lift me up. I put my hands on their shoulders and we count to three once we got to three the guys lifts me up.

While I'm up I wave at everyone again with a smile just like the two other girls that were also lifted besides me, as I'm looking around at the people in the bleachers I spot him the man from the cafe and the clearing he's looking straight at me and we make eye contact for a couple of seconds before I was thrown up, I do a flip in the air and when i come down the guys and girls catch me setting me down gently.

Once the routine is over we prepare our selves for the football team to come out. When they come out everyone starts cheering for them and everyone did the same for the other schools team through out the nigh we would cheer for the team and I would glance back at the man from the cafe once in a while.

The game was finally over, our school had won and everyone was happy for the team, I was helping clean up the field while I waited for Attis. I hope father isn't home he hadn't been home very much recently but when he was it was always bad for me.

I was deep in thought when a guy from the other schools football team came up to me and started talking to me "hey so I was wondering if you wanted to come to my place" he said to me making a weird face he kind of looked like he needed to use the restroom "oh sorry no thank you I have to get home and do homework" I tell him trying not to be rude even though it's true I do have to do homework.

"Come on babe you'll have so much fun with me" he says getting closer to me "huh" I say confused as to what he's talking about why would I want to have fun with him I already have fun with my friends I don't need to have fun with someone else. When he's about to respond I hear a familiar voice say something to him from behind me.

"Leave preppy boy she obviously doesn't want to be around you" the man from the cafe says to the boy in front of me, the boy In front of me looked really scared while running off I turn and look at the man "thank you mister, hey I'm sorry but I'm afraid I've forgotten your name" I tell him worried that I might offend him by forgetting his name. He smiles a little "my names Alessandro amor" he tells me
{love}

I was about to respond to him when I heard Attis call for me "bye Alessandro I promise I won't forget your name again!" I yell out to him as I run towards Attis "hey eve I got you a raspberry lemonade, now let's get you home" he says to me while handing me a cup I thank him while getting into his car.

When we arrive at my house I let out a sigh of relief when I didn't see my fathers car In the drive way. "Thank you for the ride Attis I'll see you tomorrow" I say to Attis while giving him a kiss on the cheek "no problem eve remember Apollo is coming to pick you up tomorrow now get inside and get some rest" he tells me and I just smile at him walking into my house, the boys never drove off until they saw me wave at them through my window, that always made me happy.