Chapter 11 | like a date

Dad, Recce, Chris, Rainen, and I come to pick some files up at Maeves high school because the principal there also happens to work for us and he has some files we need so we're sitting in this small office waiting for him to get the file together

The guys and I were discussing some things that we would need to bring up in the next meeting with some other mafia men when we heard a small knock at the door "come in" chase or mr.raves says and someone walks in at first I didn't know who it was because I wasn't paying attention.

"Hi sir I needed the slip for next weeks game" the person says and I know that voice anywhere "angel" I say and I see her look up at me and she looks confused for a second but quickly gives me a smile.

"Hi Alessandro" she says to me with that smile I love she also has the cutest little dimples that slightly show even when she's not smiling. I was admiring her for a second when I heard someone clear their voice from behind me and I mentally roll my eyes.

"Hi sweetheart I'm Alessandros dad, what's your name" my dad says from besides me 'god why did He come' I thought to myself I was technically the only one that was supposed to be her my dad had passed everything down to me about a year ago so now I was the boss.

"My names Maeve it's very lovely to meet you sir" she says to my dad with a smile but she dose still look a bit frightened but I mean who wouldn't with a bunch of intimidating men in front of them. "Oh my goodness she's adorable, hi I'm Chris and this is my boyfriend Rainen" I hear Chris say out of no where.

Before the conversation could continue chase handed Maeve the slip she needed but dad nudges me and points to her jacket, it says russo's 'what the fuck' did he claim her or something how dose she know Apollo "hey angel who gave you that jacket" I ask her.

"Oh my friend gave it to me, it was very lovely meeting you all but I have to go to class" she says turning away but as she's about to make her way out of the office chase calls out to her "oh and by the way happy birthday Maeve I hope you have a lovely day" he says to her.

'I didn't know it was her birthday' I thought to myself. An hour or so passed by and we were making our way out of the office a bunch of kids were there I'm guessing to switch to their next class, as I'm looking around I spot Maeve by her locker and I call out to her while slightly jogging to her.

"Hey angel you didn't tell me it was your birthday" I tell her while moving a strand of hair from her face "well you didn't ask" I heard a voice come from besides me when I turn I see Apollo and if looks could kill I'd be long gone.

"I wasn't talking to you was I now" I respond to him while turning back to Maeve "let me take you out somewhere to celebrate" I tell her and I see her eyes light up slightly. "Like a date" she asks shyly And I chuckle.

"Yes amor like a date" I tell her and she nodded her head yes when I tell her I'll pick her up she says that she'll just wait for me at the spot so I just tell her that's fine "bye amor I'll see you late dress nice" I tell her then I place a kiss on her forehead and before I turn around I see her blush.

As I'm walking out side I see my dad and the guys smiling at me I was about to tell them something but I hear my name being called out "Alessandro stay away from her" Apollo tell me in a serious tone "why so you can have her" I tell him while starting to get angry

"No because with you she's bound to end up dead" he tells me while looking at me like he wants to kill me "I would do anything to keep her safe" I tell him ready to beat his ass "yeah well staying away is what's gonna keep her safe" he tells me and that's when I loose my temper and I punch him straight in the face.

I turn away to walk to my car while the dad and the guys just walk behind me silently 'dose he really think I'd let anything happen to her' he wrong I'd die for her.

When I get home I lay in bed thinking of everything he said he's right she would be in Danger with me but I'd do everything in my power to make sure she's safe.

I didn't even realize how long I had been thinking of his words until I realized it was time for me to get ready to take Maeve out so that we could celebrate her birthday.

——————————