Chapter 15 | Mom

I lied

I lied

I knew everything I needed to know about my mom's death, I have to leave and go to Greece. Corrigan wants to start a war then that's what he'll get only I couldn't tell her that.

Before I left to Greece with my dad I had to make a pit stop, I get out of my car and I walk around until I find what I'm looking for. I kneel down and run my hands over the grave Dabria de Rey, mother, wife, and best friend. I chuckle a little when I read the wife part dad always told me he never got the chance to propose to her but he would always tell people they were married.

"I miss you mama" I say to her grave hopefully she's somewhere listening and watching over me. "Sometimes I have these moments when I feel extremely empty and exhausted, I always ask myself when will I be happy, when will I get to experience what others feel" I say looking around.

I sat in silence for a little admiring the flowers on the sides of the grave each week someone changes them. "Mama I did It I found my happiness, you remember all those times I cried and begged to find happiness, well I did it I finally found my happiness thank you mama" I say while letting a tear drop form my eye.

I get up and pat down my knees so that I could get the grass of them "if only you could be here and meet her" I whisper before making my way towards my car.

I give the grave one final glance before making my way inside my car and driving off to the airport. When I get there one of my men takes me to the private area where the private jet is waiting and when I walk Inside dad and Recce are already in there waiting for me.

"What took you so long" dad asks me "I just had to make a pit stop" I say to him while making my way towards the back of the plane. I didn't like flying much or leaving New Orleans at all for that matter but sometimes I had to for meetings.

I always wondered how dad and Recce stayed such good friends. I wasn't a dumb ass I new Recce also had feelings for mom I always suspected it with how he would talk about her. Did dad not mind at all and if so how.

I knew Apollo had feelings for Maeve the minute he told me to stay away from her and in that moment I wanted nothing more than to rip his head off and were not even friends we only associate with each other it pure business because his mafia is the most powerful one of Italy and mine is of Greece so we made alliances with each other.

I just hope he hasn't or won't tell Maeve about it. When I first saw the jacket she was wearing my mind instantly wondered if they were together or if he had claimed her but I soon realized he had given it to her for her own protection and I'm at least glad she has those boys to protect her when I'm not around.

I don't know how long this 'war' is going to last but I hope it ends fast because I don't want to be away from her for too long.

I just hope I make it out alive.

———————
Sorry for the short chapter.