Chapter 7 | cute

After getting home from the cafe I called in my dad and the other guys then I told them what corrigan was up to, we still didn't know what exactly he was planning so dad said he would make some calls and try to get as much information as he could ...

After getting home from the cafe I called in my dad and the other guys then I told them what corrigan was up to, we still didn't know what exactly he was planning so dad said he would make some calls and try to get as much information as he could I had asked if they had found nico yet dad said they didn't but they had leads so it wouldn't be long before he was found.

I was now sitting in my office working on some stuff when I heard a knock at the door I told the person on the other side to come in and it was my sister "hey Alessandro so mia's brother has a football game in a little and she asked me to come so I asked dad but he said I could only go if you came so can you please come" she told me I didn't really want to go to some kids game but I decided to go just for Asteria.

I grab the keys to my car off my desk then Asteria and I get into my car and I drive off the the school, when we reached i noticed it was the school Maeve goes to 'now I have something to look forward to' I thought. We made our way towards the bleachers and we sat all the way on top where asterias friend was sitting.

She said hi to me and I just nodded. "Can you give it up for our THS cheerleaders" we hear someone say and then everyone starts cheering, I then see her Maeve she looked cute in the cheer outfit I know I saw it before but she was wearing a jacket which I'm gonna guess was her friends 'god I sound desperate'.

After some time I saw her get into position then music starts playing and that's when they start doing all that cheering shit at one point she was being lifted up and I was gripping the edge of the bleachers feeling as if she was gonna fall what the hell I felt nervous I don't think I've ever felt nervous in my life.

We then made eye contact for a few seconds and I felt as if the wind was knocked out of me but that only lasted a few seconds because before I knew it she was being thrown up into the air, I almost ran down the bleachers but the people under her caught her and set her down gently 'good' I thought soon the routine was over and the football players came out.

Through out the whole game my attention was only on her I saw the couple times she would glance at me and I would just smirk soon enough the game was over and Maeves school had won the game. Asteria and her friend went to talk to her friends brother while I stayed out in the field looking at Maeve, she was helping people clean the field.

I could tell she was in her own world at the moment and I was just admiring her 'what the fuck is wrong with me' I kept on thinking until I saw a boy
Walking up to her and making conversation I was to far to hear what he was telling her but she just had a confused look on her face the entire time. I walked up to them when I noticed she started looking uncomfortable.

"Leave preppy boy she obviously doesn't want to be around you" I tell him and he just looks at me like he's gonna shit himself before running off. Maeve then turns and looks up at me "thank you mister, hey I'm sorry but I'm afraid I've forgotten your name" she tells me, she was so formal it was obvious she wasn't from here because of her accent and got it drove me insane.

"My names Alessandro amor" I tell her while slightly smiling at her, she was about to respond but her friend oh so rudely interrupted her calling her over she starts running towards him and then she yells out at me " bye Alessandro I promise I won't forget your name again!" I chuckle a little making my way towards my car and I see Asteria at the gate waiting for me with a big smile on her face.

"Who is that Hermano" she says nudging my arm I tell her it's no one and she just gives me this weird look "oh please Alessandro that bullshit the only person you smile at is me and even then it's rare" she tells me "no Asteria really she's no one I don't even know anything about her" I try and argue with aster.

"Then get to know her" she says before getting into the car then going on her phone. I get in the car shortly after and I begin to drive us home. When we get home I stop Asteria at the door before she goes in "just don't tell anyone ok steria" I tell her

"Your secrets safe with me, but you deserve to be happy hermano" she tells me giving me a small smile before walking into the house, it was late so I walked straight to my room even though I rarely sleep. I just lay in bed thinking of what Asteria told me.

'Then get to know her' 'you deserve to be happy' do I really though, I fear that if I let my self be happy it will all be taken from me like how it was taken from my dad, I don't think I ever want to experience that kind of hurt.