🌧️Fever Dream

Y/n's facial color drains out the moment she feels the seat beside her getting occupied and then the person's hand resting around her shoulder. He keeps his other hand on Y/n's fisted one that rests on her lap, touching her arm sensually in the process. Warm tears run down her not-so-round cheeks as she sits as if her feet are rooted in the ground. A familiar grisly feeling fills her senses. She helplessly stares at the door from which Jungkook left minutes before. The man again caresses her shoulder and then trails down through her arm. A shiver runs down her spine as she unexpectedly discerns the similarity of it with her terrifying nightmare. She shuts her eyes tight.

The door flies open revealing her other half. Jungkook storms in. Without wasting a second he embraces her rigid form in a hug. He can feel her heartbeat, almost like a continuous thumping drum. Her stiff, fisted hands slowly ease only to clasp his shirt in a tight grip, not planning to let go anytime soon. Jungkook carries Y/n's vibrating, unsettled figure in his arms as Dr.Wilson, the man who on purpose created the mess, sits there with furrowed brows.

.....................

On their way back home Jungkook keeps telling Y/n that it was a setup. It was the Doctor's way to come to a conclusion about her unusual dream, as she herself cannot exactly decide if it was a nightmare or not. He continuously whispered sweet words to her to help her take it easy.

Entering their bedroom Jungkook places Y/N on the oversized couch.

Y/N: can you please check on HyungJae for me and ask if he needs something? She says trying her best to avoid his eyes. Corner of his lips curves as he appreciates how she prioritizes her responsibility and cares for her dear ones despite her mental state.

Jungkook's soul trembles to see Y/N's extremely fretful state when he returns to the room after almost twenty minutes with his already muddled thoughts. His heart hammers in ribcage as Dr. Wilson's words, which he denied minutes ago, seem to have grounds. He sits in front of Y/n, who has her top taken off, her arms placed on her knees, and her face hidden in it. Y/n hisses as Jungkook lightly touches her now red shoulder, arms which she recklessly scratched and rubbed with her daisy mesh top.

Jungkook stares at her barely covered figure shivering in cold. The scraped area looked painful on her porcelain skin. He snatches the wrinkled top from her grip and throws it with disappointment. His voice is stern as he speaks.

Jungkook: You, look at me!

His dismay reaches its peak when Y/N decides not to cooperate with him.

Jungkook: Why Are you feeling guilty now, huh? Why did you do something that enables you to face me?!

His strict voice and expression fade the moment her head rises and ocean-like eyes meet hers. Jungkook gulps as her puffy eyes, rose-colored nose, lips, and dried tear-stained face come to view. He immediately reaches out to wipe her rosy cheeks with the back of his fingers.

Y/n: I want to wake up. I hate this dream that I'm trapped inside and it's killing me. Jungkook, save me. Tell me why can't I get a grip on myself? And it's more dangerous without you.

Y/N: Why does he have to touch me, huh? I hated it, Jungkook. No one has the right to touch me, except you. Then why?!

Jungkook: I've been telling you Firefly, try to forget it. Just think of it as a treatment procedure, okay? Don't overthink it. I promise you, I won't let something like this happen ever.

Y/n scoots closer till she feels his warmth radiating, wondering why he isn't hugging her yet. She voluntarily spreads his arms and gets inside his embrace. Jungkook observes her as she becomes a little disappointed at him but still shines like a scented flower.Y/N places her foot on Jungkook's thigh, and rests her back on the sofa.
Jungkook chuckles at her actions. His arm resting on the sofa back encircles her shoulder while he sits sideways. The moment his hand came in touch, she snuggles and bursts into hysterical cries. Jungkook arranges her spread hair, the end of which is touching the sofa while patting her back.

Jungkook: If the whole matter which is disturbing my strong Firefly is shared, It will be easy for her to endure and find a solution to it.

His indirect speech seems to work as Y/N pauses crying her eyes out.

Jungkook: Believe me, you are the strongest woman I've ever seen. Although many women are self-assertive these days, not everyone is forbearing like you.

Y/n feels lost for words at him counting her as a warrior when she is only sitting down and weeping. She can never doubt this man being the one made for her, how can he always be sure regarding her when she herself is in a maze?

Y/N: Jungkook, you believe me right?

"More than anything, in this freaking world" he was fast enough to reply.

Y/N: Then you know, I won't ever do anything that shouldn't be done. I mean something that will bring indignity and remorse.

Jungkook: Did you do something like that?

"No! I mean I actually don't know......"

Jungkook: Then stop overthinking. But there must have been some reason that made you think about all this stuff.

Y/n answers him along with sniffles and hiccups.

Y/n: I was so scared today. I couldn't move away from him. I prayed for it to end. I wanted something like this to never happen to me. It.....it was like facing that certain dream in reality.

Jungkook sighs. "Okay, I get it. Finally, there is nothing for you to act guilty and upset about. So do not cry anymore, Love." Y/N nods in realization. To be understood is something too rare, too pure, and exceptionally precious.

Bringing her scraped hand up, Y/n signals Jungkook to kiss it. He moves the hairs from her shoulder and leaves soft kisses all over it while Y/n leans her head against his chest. As he was done, Y/n was aware of how he had his eyes all the time on her chest where the tiny mole on her breastbone can be seen. Her toes curls in sensation at the thought of how much he likes to give it attention every time they get intimate. Cursing the cami top she's been wearing under the shirt earlier, she covers Jungkook's eyes with her palm, blocking his view.

Jungkook's teasing chuckle fills the room, as he once again confirms his effect on his wife and how in spite of being so shy in nature she every time copes with his infinite manly desires.

✨The world is not a pleasant place to be without someone to hold and be held by.✨

(A/N): Talk to me. I know I'm late. But my lifes been hard too. What do you think has happened to Y/N?