✍Their love story

Third-person:

"Where are you coming from this late of the night?". Edrin's voice vibrated throughout the room.

"Edrin? I am j-just coming from Bianca's house--"

"Don't lie to me! She said you left a long time ago". He rose from the rocking chair he had been sitting on waiting for her all night.

She heard him shuffle for a moment before a spark of fire brought the darkroom back to life as Edrin lit a candle to illuminate the room.

He walked slowly to her retreating figure. "Where were you, Kira?"

"I"---
she looked down. "I went--- I".
She started sobbing.

Edrin grabbed her arm. She looked up at him in the wonder of what he intended to do.
"Kira, I will ask again... Where are you coming from?".

"Nowhere". She muttered.

"Alright. I will tell you where you have been".

She grew curious and worried. "Huh?"

"You were with Jared", He stated rather than questioned.

She was speechless. Not wanting to lie to him but at the same time, wanting to keep the truth from him so as not to hurt him.

It was too late, for he was already broken:
"I know you were with him. Do you know who told me? .... Answer me!".

"N-no"

"Jared told me".

She shook her head.
"That is not true--"

"Then come with me".
He dragged her out of the room and straight to Jared's study.

They found him at his desk, going through some scrolls with the aid of the lamp in front of him. He nonchalantly looked up at the two of them.
"Yes, how may I help you two?"

"Tell her what you told me, brother". Edrin said as he let go of Kira's arm.

"That your wife and I shared a passionate night--"

"Jared?".
She stared wide-eyed at the man who had just exposed her secret.

He rose and walked around his desk, till he reached where they were both standing. Then, he grinned at Edrin; "You lost the bet, brother. So, now you owe me".

"Here". He(Edrin) handed him a bag of coins.
"My father was right about you, Kira, you are a whore". He walked away, leaving the two 'adulterers'.

Kira turned to Jared abruptly. "What was that all about? A bet?"

"I needed to prove a point to your beloved husband. The same husband for whom you abandoned me. The man you chose over me every single time. Where is he now? Gone like his love for you".

"Did I mean nothing to you? You only wanted to prove a point?".
"You can go to hell, the two of you!". She turned to leave but he pulled her back to himself.

"Where do you think you are going? Huh?! No matter how you try to deny it, I own your body. I have control over every curve and edge. And who says we can't be together? Edrin married you and Beatrice, didn't he? I can have you as my second wife". He smirked triumphantly.

"Let go of me!"... She freed herself from his hold. "I wish I could slap that smug look off your face. You got your revenge, bravo! But I never want to see you again, ever!". She wiped off the buds of tears from her cheeks and left his chamber, bumping into Victor on her way out, but she didn't stop to spare him a look.