10 | Old times

-Noah-

I pull a chair for Maya to sit. She smiles and thanks me before she sits.
"Such a gentleman." She teases. "A man in the streets but a be-." "Don't finish that sentence." She shushes me.

"Good evening. My name is Jackson and I'll be taking care of you tonight." The waiter comes with napkins and sliver wear.
"Hello Jackson." Maya says in a way that makes me insides heat up.

I order red wine for both of us to make the waiter leave us alone.
"You said that in a rude way." Maya says while she picks up her menu. "He deserved it." I say back.
"What did he do to deserve that?" "He was looking at you like he wanted to eat you alive."

I hear Maya chuckle behind her menu. "You think it's funny?" "I think your trying too hard." She continues to look at her menu but I keep my eyes on her.

The waiter returns with our red wine and we quickly order it food.
"It'll be right out ma'am." The waiter completely ignores me and walks away.

"I know that look." Maya interrupts my thoughts. "What look?" "The 'I'm going to follow him and shove a bullet into his mouth' look." I fix my shirt while I let a low chuckle leave my lips.

"He's trying to take my date." I whisper across the table to Maya. "And what if he does?" She whispers back.
"I'll fuck you in front of him." I say almost loud enough that the tables beside of us might've heard.

We finish eating but we don't talk the rest of the date. Maybe I went over a limit.

I pay the bill and we leave with nothing said to each other since.
The car ride back to my house was quite and cold. This wasn't how I wanted the night to end.

I open the front door, Maya walking in first.
"How is she?" Maya whispers. "She fell asleep a hour ago." Elena responds.
I look over Maya and see Luna sleeping on the couch beside Elena.

"Take her to the room please." Maya asks me, taping my chest.
"Me?" "Yes you." Maya walks to the kitchen, leaving me to figure it all by myself.

I lift Luna from the couch and carry her upstairs. My hand hovers above the room Maya used to sleep in, mostly because I haven't opened this door since she left.

I slowly turn the knob, feeling the cold air hit me immediately.
I hold Luna close to me while I walk towards the bed.

I tuck Luna into bed for the first time. The kiss I place on her cold forehead sends a shock through me.

"She's more like you than you think." I look over my shoulder to see Maya leaning against the door frame. "She has your looks though." I said.
"But even after I left, I still saw you in her. Her personality, her attitude." She said, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"She made me feel closer to you, no matter how far."
Warmth overtakes the cold feeling inside me when Maya touches me. I stare at my daughter sleeping, watching her tiny hairs fall over her face with each breath she takes.

"We should let her be." I hear Maya walking away, and I follow her soon after.

I close the door and Maya and I stand silently in the hallway.
"I'll sleep on the couch." She says.
"No. Take my room, I'll have the couch." "But this is your house." "I'm not making you sleep on the couch Maya."

Maya doesn't respond back to me. She doesn't move anything but her eyes.
Her eyes move around my body and face, making me wonder what she's thinking.

"I'm not letting you do that." "You make it sound like I don't have a choice."
We go back to the silence but this time, we're closer than we were before.

I was taken off guard when Maya grabs the colar of my shirt and pulls me to her.
Our lips join together and I take a moment to realize what's happening.

I wrap my hands around Maya's waist and pull her closer, eliminating any space between us. Her hands move from my shirt to my neck and hair.

She tugs on my hair, making a groan escape my mouth into hers.
I move my hands to her ass and lift her. She reacts immediately and wraps her legs around my waist.

I push our bodies against the wall while I never detach our lips.
My hands grip her ass, making her jump while I feel her tongue run across my lips.

I finally pull away, letting us catch our breaths from the heated unexpected scene.
"I never had dessert tonight." Maya softly says. "Fuck. Neither have I."

Thank you for reading today's chapter

I apologize for the missed update. This is originally Friday's chapter and I sincerely apologize.

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3