Performance

Aubrey POV

A week of me being expelled has already passed. I haven't done much except for recording songs and drawing. I learned the stuff for my classes that I had to be on track for. I have my final project in music class to creat at least one song about any current life situation I'm in. Good thing is that I broke up with Nate which means I can pour my heart out about the past time and how he treated me.
Im collecting my mind writing down the lyrics that comes to my mind. Playing along with the guitar to sum everything up.
My professor wants us to videotape our final project and that's how it always went on.
The big thing about our final project is that it will be performed on graduation day.

I had a little recoding room in my apartment where I was working most of the time.
I sat down taking my guitar and placing the Camera in front of me. I played a couple strings to see if it fits. It does and I'm getting ready to record.

I pressed record and sat down again.

I took a deep breath collecting my mind.

„This is my song for the final project for my music class." I nod into the camera now looking down at my fingers attached to the guitar.

(A/n: It's not my lyrics but it fits perfectly well. But I did change some lines. We're just gonna pretend we wrote it in the story. Figures by Jessie Reyez love her)

„Figures,
I gave you ride or die and you gave me games
Love, figures
I know I'm cryin' 'cause you just won't change
Love, figures
I gave it all and you gave me shit
Love, figures
I wish I could do exactly what you did
Uh boy I will hurt you back
Love, what will you do cause you can't get me back?
You're the one who's gonna lose
Something so special, something so real
Tell me boy, how in the fuck would you feel?
Cause you won't get me back
That's what I wish that I could do
To you, you
To you, you
Figures
I'm the bad guy 'cause I can't learn to trust
Love, figures
You say sorry once and you think it's enough
I got a lineup of girls and a lineup of guys
Beggin' for me just to give 'em a try
Figures
I'm not gonna stay
'Cause I'm sick off your love
Uh boy I will hurt you back
Love, what will you do cause you can't get me back?
You're the one who's gonna lose
Something so special, something so real
Tell me boy, how in the fuck would you feel?
Cause you can't get me back
That's what I wish that I could do
To you, you
To you, you

Thank you."

I nod into the camera whipping my glossy eyes away. I got up and stopped recording placing the guitar down. This relationship still stains on my mind and I can't wrap my head around it how he treated me. How I let him treat me.
I walked out of my recording room shrugging together in shock because I saw vi sitting on my couch listening what I just recorded.

„Sorry girl I didn't want to interrupt so I just listened. This song is bomb ass. You did well." she smiled sadly at me knowing exactly the reason for the lyrics.

„Thank you. It means a lot. I actually don't Want to perform this on graduation day because he will hear it and everyone will know who I am singing about." she shook her head getting up to the kitchen grabbing herself some water.

„You definitely should. He deserves this. Being known for how shitty he treated you. It's the least thing he deserves. Getting judging looks from the rest." she drank her water and I nod sitting down.

„So how was the first week without me around?" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

„Fucking boring. I miss my bestie beside me. You didn't deserve being expelled for what he caused. I'm throwing shady looks at him and Ben too when we see him across the hall. But he acts like nothing happened." I nod taking the water out of her hand drinking it out.