Now i know

Aubrey POV

Two months later...

Time was flying by fast after my accident. The time t the hospital was going smoothly and I healed like it was supposed to. Physically I am on the same level as I was before I crashed my motorcycle into the back of a car.

The one thing that didn't heal and change was my mind. I still can't remember and it pains me every day more and more. I was trying everything I could to get my memories back. I heard podcasts, read articles and even books about people who had the same situation as me. I tried the Tipps I read ad heard but nothing seems to fit.

College was going good. I had all my finals done and it was almost time for graduation. This year passed faster then expected and I can't wait to graduate. I've spend a lot of time with Ben and Vi as per usual. Somehow it felts strange to be around them because I feel like the watch me with careful eyes. As if I would break in any moment but I don't why I would break.

After I left the hospital my mom spend almost two months with me. We got a lot of time to talk and open up about our past and about our current situation. She's been the sweetest to me. I've never had such a good bond with her and I'm happy that we got to figure things out. She had to leave eventually for work but she told me she'd come back a couple days before my graduation.

Ben and vi picked me up and brought me home every day since I still don't have my license back. Speaking of my license I was actually allowed to get it today so I decided to go down the station and it wasn't that far away from my home.

„Hey Aubrey. Haven't seen you in a while how are you feeling?" Caitlin asked me as I walked through the station.

„Hi Caitlin. Yeah it's been a rough time since I last saw you. But I'm fine Thanks for asking." I answered as I leaned against the counter.

„I actually wanted to get back my license. I was told that I could pick it up after some months since y'know." I referred on the accident.

„I remember. It was horrible to see you there Aubrey." my expression changed into confusion as she said that.

„You where there?" I asked and she nod.

„yeah. It was my shift that day." she answered giving me a sad expression. She looked a bit traumatized and I get it. She was the one seeing me like this at first.

„I'm sorry you had to see this." I answered as she shook her head.

„There's no need to apologize Aubrey. It wasn't your fault. You were just at the wrong place in the wrong time." she said while getting up.

„Let me just grab your license I'll be back in a minute." she said and I nod as she disappeared behind the wooden door.

„Alright. Here you go. You just need to sign that you got it back." she handed me a clipboard with a paper and a pen and I did as she said.

„Thank you Caitlin." I smiled at her as she gave me my license back.

„No Biggy. Oh and before I forget." she scrambled through some drawers pulling something out.

„This was actually in your helmet. I figured you might want it back since it's you and Lizzie on it." she gave me a folded picture with a bit dried dirt and blood on it.

I was confused and opened the picture seeing me with Professor Olsen on it?
Wait hold on.
S-she was my girlfriend?
I WAS DATING MY PROFESSOR????

„Eh thanks. I should probably go I have something to take care off." I answered and left without giving Caitlin a chance to say goodbye.

I walked back not taking my eyes off the picture.
Four small picture from a foto box and it was us together on it. She sat on my lap. The frozen moments that the camera took where picture perfect. My eyes got stuck on the last picture.

Us kissing passionately.

This felt so familiar and yet so strange.
I turned the foto around and saw something written on it.

Our Pier date.
Her kiss tasted like cotton candy.

My mind flashes back to the day of the pier.

I want cotton candy!" She ran to the cotton candy store and I got her some. She grinned from ear to ear like a little child receiving a gift.

My und flashes to another memory.

Us being on the Ferris wheel. Her soft touch calming me down from my fear of Highs. Her eyes glistening in the night lights. Her gentle and warm smile that made my heart skip a beat. The moments we shared not to long ago were the most beautiful I've ever had. How could I forget those moments?

My mind skipped time back and I saw how we first met. Me laying at the beach obviously drunk because of my breakup with Nate. The first words that I exchanged with her.

„I need a fucking time machine. But other than that I'm feeling glorious."

Every moment every second we shared was rushing through like a Galerie.

Her smile, her vice, her appearance, the way she giggled and the was she listened when I talked about something I am passionate about.

The way she looked me deep in the eyes almost reading my soul like an open book.

Her nose scrunching when she laughs or smiles.

Her head tilts that made me go insane.

Us sharing the nights together.

Everything came back to the surface and I was feeling shocked but euphoric that I remember her.

That I remember us.

But something was stinging.

It was us fighting.

my fiancé Lizzie." oh god no. Please don't let This be a real memory.

Please let my mind play games with me.
But it wasn't it was real and it was the reason we broke things between us. She broke me. She lied to me. She damaged me more than I ever thought was possible.

The Dialoge We Shared Right before left her Home.

Aubrey wait!"
Goosebumps rushed through my body hearing how she yelled after me.

„Don't touch me."

„Babe please let me explain. It's not what it seems."
Her voice was breaking but that wasn't the only thing that was breaking.

„Did you even plan on telling me?"
My mind was going through a spiral and I coding control myself anymore.

„Of course. I just didn't know how to do it and I fell for you fast and I didn't want to hurt you..."

„But you did."

There it is. My heart finally breaking. Saying that she hurt me. My tears landed on the picture and my und went blurry.

She was my everything and I didn't even remember her after the accident.

My mind flashes again and I see us fight in the empty classroom. Me screaming at her while I was drunk. She was the reason for me my outburst.

I drank so much in the morning because of her.

Somehow I landed in my apartment and I was sitting on the ground leaning against the couch. It didn't bother me to sit on the ground
broken-hearted crying my heart out as I think of the time we shared the last year. My senior year revolves around her.

Our time together.

And she just walked out of that hospital room not telling me a single thing about us.